Sign in to follow this  
colmack

disintegrated in H g turn

I was flying the F-11 Tiger on a sweep mission when red crown called bogey I made a HI-G turn to intercept the bad guys at that moment the wings and one horizontal stab sheared off I didn't think i was close enough to the bad guy base to get hit with flak and I was flying before the time of SAM I checked the log after and all it said was that I crashed? still about 5 miles from the bogeys witch were Yak-23 Flora so no missiles there... did the new patch make it so we can suffer structural failure now? Witch I think is pretty cool because I do some stupid stuff to get on a guys Six

just wondering not a big deal..

Edited by colmack

It was brought up in another thread but the newer patch I guess overmodels or models G-stress on the airframe realistically or not. Then again, I "crashed" when making a turn for finals in a Legacy Bug, so not sure myself but take it easier on the stick for now...

yes structural limits have been now overmodelled a bit, also many mods are quite old and need updating, like the F-11

Strange, I've been pulling up to 15G's with no consequences, flying on "hard" setting... :dntknw:

Its something with the November patch that is that did this. That is why I havent upgraded to it.

I think it's quite cool actually. I love being able to kill TU-22s and other things by making them over-g after being hit by a missile or something. It's quite realistic actually, if you watch some WWII guncam footage of heavy bombers, you will see that after being put into very hi-g spins and stalls they start to break apart. I really like the new over-g feature.

true and also it implies more reasonable manouvering, I used to do tremendous over-g turns, with Nov11 it's more demanding which is a good step, mixed with the new damage modelling it's doing fine

and yes, breaking apart Badgers are cool to see from a distance

Until you die in what you feel was a perfectly normal turn, then you hate it. :grin:

Yea, I've had that a couple of times in certain planes. I think it might have more to do with the aircraft not being completely compatible with SF2. Also, it seems the bigger the wingspan (IE: B-52s, Tu-16s,Tu-22s ect. ect.) the more prone the aircraft is to structural failure when being over-g'ed. This makes sense because of wingloading and other factors. drinks.gif

BTW: Does the fuse ever break in half or anything? I see wings and tails and things break off, but never a fuse break in half. Just wondering! grin.gif

Edited by liamp51

Well I just tried to brake legacy Hornet, 0% ammo, all stations empty, fuel at 25%, max pull.

And I finally managed to brake it - at 19 G's

Sorry guys I just don't see the problem... :dntknw:

Maybe you got battle damage you didn't notice?

you often don't notice you got hit and damage textures don't show so you can't even check with outside view...other than that all I can think of are planes with VERY sensitive elevators that allow you to unintentionally pull insanely high G's for maybe a microsecond but enough for the game engine to register it as catastrophic event, in that case you can either:

a - mess a bit with the FM, some simple fix on the elevator might solve the problem very effectively

b - mess with joystick sensitivity in game options

Well I just tried to brake legacy Hornet, 0% ammo, all stations empty, fuel at 25%, max pull.

And I finally managed to brake it - at 19 G's

wouldn't that make the cockpit biological filling a bit ummm past dead experienced?:dntknw:

You guys are right last night I de winged an "Old Bug" three times jerking the nose up in a turn. I hate being a secret Beta Tester.