Sign in to follow this  
CrazyhorseB34

IRM's and Latest patch

My IRM's too include stock and mods are not hitting crap since the patch. This includes AIM-9X. Does anybody know what TK did to pork his sim again?

• Dislike 1

I've noticed the same effect. Only a rear hit with the IRMs cause damages to aircraft. Hitting an enemy on the nose when he is approaching you has no effect.

Guest Pfunk

So, the all-aspect Sidewinders are now no longer all-aspect?

Heh.

arent Aim9s meant to be shot from behind anyway?

im still going steady in my install at the latest patch level, with no problems using IRMs (Aim9s or whever IRM they load on the Netz in Israel).

Edited by SkateZilla

Me neither... Though these shots is one out of two 9Xs though.

post-5735-0-00985100-1323232237.jpg

post-5735-0-71725500-1323232244.jpg

Edited by EricJ

they're working fine for me (excepting the usual misses with 9B and Falcons)

With most IR AAM's I've noticed that even though they track and appear to hit they about 1/3 of the time they do no damage if hitting the front of an enemy A/C where as rear shots work 100% of the time when they hit.

Is that it? I've noticed some oddness with IRMs over the years where I could've sworn I had a hit but the plane flew on as if nothing had happened. This isn't an issue with SARH or active radar missiles, either. I don't know how that could be, though, that would be an odd glitch in the damage modeling.

IRM's are working fine for me and I don't think the patch changed this aspect.

arent Aim9s meant to be shot from behind anyway?

im still going steady in my install at the latest patch level, with no problems using IRMs (Aim9s or whever IRM they load on the Netz in Israel).

Not all. Starting with the AIM-9L, the Sidewinder got an all-aspect capability.

The MiG-23 in the TW series seems to be very resilient against AIM-9 hits in the tail.

Not all. Starting with the AIM-9L, the Sidewinder got an all-aspect capability.

The MiG-23 in the TW series seems to be very resilient against AIM-9 hits in the tail.

kinda figured that.

I get some kills with front/side shots with later Aim9s, I get a few misses,

if i maneuver to get behind the enemy fighter, and wait for a nice lock, then what for him to shallow out his turn its almost a 90% hit chance on the earlier AIM9s,

the Aim9L and later still work just as good from behind, but I can lock from the sides and depending on my Angle to Target and the targets speed, the Aim9 will hit.

My AI Wingmen like to do head on lock and fire when we encounter migs,

Actually I like this much better than previous "bolt of Zeus" IRM missiles that would hit no matter what envelope you or ai fired from...

Actually I like this much better than previous "bolt of Zeus" IRM missiles that would hit no matter what envelope you or ai fired from...

clearley, at least the uber Lima is gone sometimes ago, (at least against flare equiped planes)

Yeah I had a great expirience the other day, I was flying the Fulcrum, merged with some F-18's, heard the "missile launch!" call and usually I would hit Esc and click refly trying to avoid the merge next time, but this time....I tried to spot the missile(AIM-9M) and when I did I pulled angle on it to drain as much E as possible from it and started dropping flares.

To my amazement - it worked, the missile missed!!! I haven't had so much fun with SF2 in a while...

Yes the comment about the "other guys" deploying flares much better is the main problem. Guess now I was not the only one that noticed it. Also I have been fighting flare equipped aircraft so that does kinda explain things. I had not changed any engagement techiques from before but my PK has been lowered alot by the new countermeasures employment. That is if it even exists. Too bad TK does not list ALL the changes on the change log...it kinda pisses me off. Oh well. Thanks guys.:drinks::salute:

Newer IRM/SAMs have flare rejection, so more flares isn't always better, nor will guarentee a miss.

Too bad TK does not list ALL the changes on the change log...it kinda pisses me off. Oh well. Thanks guys.:drinks::salute:

Agreed! :good: