Sign in to follow this  
GalmOne

Help save my air and space museum!

Ladies and gentlemen, it's about time I ask for help from this community.

I'm a canuck who is very proud of the aerospace history of Canada. A local park in Toronto has been home to the lone, volunteer-fueled Canadian Air and Space Museum since the 90's. The place used to be a factory for De Havilland Canada. This was where over 1100 Mosquitos were built - from the Mk.VI onward. In September, the museum were sent an eviction notice by the park and now the community is fighting to keep it there. For the time being, they've been locked out and all their planes - including a Lancaster (FM104) is locked behind closed doors. A local veteran, Philip Gray who flew Lancs from 1943 - 45 has spoken to the media about the travesty and has even called to the Queen for help.

Now, since this is in Canada, I don't know if any of you Yanks or Brits and other non-Canadian people are able to sign the petition, but take a look at the link below and hopefully you can sign it and help the museum! Sign the Canadian Air and Space Museum petition here

Thanks for reading!

want to have something to see when maybe one day I'll come visit..

so why not :)

Signed from an Englishman in Austria... Confused I am... as places like this must be remembered so that we remember the sacrifices made by others before us on our behalf so that we may live in a freer society...

Good luck to you :drinks:

Maybe I'm missing something...but isn't the Canadian Air and Space Museum in Ottawa? I went there on a layover just not too long ago..

Regardless, I signed the petition...I hate seeing museums go out of business. Some of the smaller ones have some of the best stuff.

FC