Polovski

* * PHASE 4 PREVIEW MOVIE 1 ! * *

Indeed! :drinks:

Kind of a longshot here, but I wonder, will the names of the crew members in multicrew aircraft, (observers-gunners),

be listed in the Squadron Roster as well?

Another thing that kind of bothered me, was the Zeppelin destruction...

I found it kind of cartoonish! :blink:

Please, I don't want to offend you, I know about the WiP state and that many effects are not final yet,

but I guess we all have seen the destruction of the Hindenburg and how the fire consumes the skin,

leaving the bare skeleton of the ship exposed...

Is there a possibility to have such kind of effect in the final product?

Yes Observers/Gunners are tracked and listed in your Pilot dossiers for your squad... each AI in your squad has his own mini dossier....claims medals Bio, number of missions, kills etc all tracked

DM (damage modelling) is not done yet nor are effects - and that is all on our list...including the zep.

Pol did mention DM and effects as still being P3.

We are very very aware of what is leftover from P3 and it will be sorted.

We will post progression vids at appropriate times

WM

Thanks, a million Winder!

You are creating an outstanding work of art :ok:

Cudos to the whole OBD Team!

:drinks:

Kind of a longshot here, but I wonder, will the names of the crew members in multicrew aircraft, (observers-gunners),

be listed in the Squadron Roster as well?

if you watch the p4 vid, then you will see in the sequence where the new manager is shown that it is assigned which pilot today flies with which observer. so all of them have names and dossiers. just have to watch the vid and you'll know.

I did now you've pointed that out...

Too tiny letters to actually read them in the manager screens... :blink:

I should change my glasses. :salute:

Both....

WM

Outstanding! I also noticed a shot showing squadron aircraft under repair. Thus, I assume that the squadron's total aircraft are also tracked, and that if you've suffered a lot of losses lately, you'll be flying short-handed for a while, even if you've got the pilots available. Again, much coolness. I remeber RB2/3D did that sort of thing and it really brought home the severity of the war :cool:

It's getting better all the time!

Really looks like P4 will have all the things I miss about Red Baron 3D, and then some. :drinks:

Outstanding! I also noticed a shot showing squadron aircraft under repair. Thus, I assume that the squadron's total aircraft are also tracked, and that if you've suffered a lot of losses lately, you'll be flying short-handed for a while, even if you've got the pilots available. Again, much coolness. I remeber RB2/3D did that sort of thing and it really brought home the severity of the war :cool:

Quite so. Returning aircraft numbers and status is tracked fully.

WM

That sounds like a lot of coding to be done-- tracking all the persons and planes in the squadron and keeping a runny tally. It sounds as though more than ever the manager will be the real heart of the game as the "brains" as it were. I think that is a good thing, myself. More and more you'd have to leave the CFS3 confines to really push things farther and more advanced. I think the manager has the potential to do that.

Edited by SirMike1983

That sounds like a lot of coding to be done-- tracking all the persons and planes in the squadron and keeping a runny tally. It sounds as though more than ever the manager will be the real heart of the game as the "brains" as it were. I think that is a good thing, myself. More and more you'd have to leave the CFS3 confines to really push things farther and more advanced. I think the manager has the potential to do that.

Even in P3 CFS3 is only used to 'run the mission' as it were....

Now in P4 we have real outcomes from run time code - coutesy of Rex - so even more can be done.

With the integration between manager and run time bettter than ever before because we are now engineering it to what we want, I guess we need to stop seeing the two as separate manager/CFS3...

We just have a great WW1 sim in the making.....

HTH

WM

There! He did it again! Another carrot on a fishing rod! No, wait - it looks like gold! ... :grin:

Yes Observers/Gunners are tracked and listed in your Pilot dossiers for your squad... each AI in your squad has his own mini dossier....claims medals Bio, number of missions, kills etc all tracked

WM

Awesome! That's going to be so immersive. Sharing success and sorrow with squadmates who have their own independent existence. Imagine how you're going to feel when the observer you've flown successfully with on a number of sorties is lost when flying with another pilot, or when your regular wingman makes ace while you're on leave or are sitting a couple out.

P4 is going to set the bar again.

Yes Observers/Gunners are tracked and listed in your Pilot dossiers for your squad... each AI in

your squad has his own mini dossier....claims medals Bio, number of missions, kills etc all tracked

This is unbelieveable!!! Gee, that will be phantastic - it will feel like being really there with all the fellers -

until they fall, and you'll miss them! Damn, I didn't think this could be done!!!

awsome, Aircraft under repair. I cant wait. :yes:

Hi Guys,

Great video, the shear amount of work represented is mind blowing. I will definately be parting with some cash for this one.

To all the guys, thank you for continuing to bring WWI air combat to life, which allows me to place myself (if only sparingly, and from the safety of my study) into the places and situations I have read about in so many books over the last 30 years.

regards Rob.

And a tip of the cap to you Rob! :buba: Long time no see, and welcome back!

Ted

Edited by shredward

Hi Guys,

Great video, the shear amount of work represented is mind blowing. I will definately be parting with some cash for this one.

To all the guys, thank you for continuing to bring WWI air combat to life, which allows me to place myself (if only sparingly, and from the safety of my study) into the places and situations I have read about in so many books over the last 30 years.

regards Rob.

Hello Rob - good to see you around.

I have sent PM

WM

I think the less CFS3 is mentioned...the better the sales will be

Finally got to see some of this. I'm still on mobile broadband, so it's taken a while to see this, but it was worth the wait.

I'm speechless. Those aircraft illuminated by the burning Zeppelin? Wow.

This looks as rich and 'deep' an environment for a flight sim as I've seen.

Who cares about Christmas coming? I want this.

Nice steady hand winding the handle on that Cine camera too Pol, first rate job!

I like the sound of the increased capabilities in tracking everything. Is there a plan to update aircraft from P3 (add new gauges/cockpit updates etc?)?

I like the sound of the increased capabilities in tracking everything. Is there a plan to update aircraft from P3 (add new gauges/cockpit updates etc?)?

Done. Watch the vid one more time

Cheers

Shredward

I do notice some of them now- I like it. The only reason I mention this is that I noticed somewhat random gauge assignments in the Nieuports. The standard 17 has more gauges than the 24 for, for example. From what I have studied of them, there was no "standard" array in a Nieuport, though generally the number of gauges in the cockpit tended to increase as the equipment built up over time. This is a pretty minor/nitpick issue, admittedly.

I plan on getting P4 as soon as it's out. I view OFF as the true successor to the RB, given its focus on history and its wide-ranging scope. This is the most flown sim in my library of them, by far.

No worries SirMike, but I have to say this to be clear.

ALL COCKPITS have been either TOTALLY REMADE, or vastly improved many from scratch. Many are shown in the video!

Even 2 seaters have superb pits now did you see the RE8 for example? New craft totally mega detailed pit!

Most of the craft have also had exterior improvements, or some models even remade, new textures too, new pilots, and much more..

Had to say it clearly, as it's a pretty big change that's taken me most of my life to do over the last year or two :blink:

No worries SirMike, but I have to say this to be clear.

ALL COCKPITS have been either TOTALLY REMADE, or vastly improved many from scratch. Many are shown in the video!

Even 2 seaters have superb pits now did you see the RE8 for example? New craft totally mega detailed pit!

Most of the craft have also had exterior improvements, or some models even remade, new textures too, new pilots, and much more..

Had to say it clearly, as it's a pretty big change that's taken me most of my life to do over the last year or two :blink:

That is a great thing to hear-- it must have been quite a lot of work to remodel and re-do the items. From what I remember about CFS3, to redo the cockpit is in large part nothing short of having to rework whole parts of the models and reskin items. I'm very impressed with what I have seen of P4.

Ok you guys are waaay too good. But tell me you have put some ballast in those AI crates to efectively simulate fuel/guns/rounds and maybe even be affected by the wind as the player crate is. If you can do that....well....I'll buy 2 copies!