Polovski

* * PHASE 4 PREVIEW MOVIE 1 ! * *

Video looks fantastic., positively oozing with atmosphere.

Have you been able to upgrade the rain effects at all, such as raindrops spattering on your visor instead of the horrible lines you had on the Phase 3 that passed off as rain. (not being funny, but that was basically my only disappointment with Phase 3 by the way!)

Looking forward to buying this nevertheless.

Video looks fantastic., positively oozing with atmosphere.

Have you been able to upgrade the rain effects at all, such as raindrops spattering on your visor instead of the horrible lines you had on the Phase 3 that passed off as rain. (not being funny, but that was basically my only disappointment with Phase 3 by the way!)

Looking forward to buying this nevertheless.

Rain is now hi res - and windscreen effects have been added...

WM

Ok you guys are waaay too good. But tell me you have put some ballast in those AI crates to efectively simulate fuel/guns/rounds and maybe even be affected by the wind as the player crate is. If you can do that....well....I'll buy 2 copies!

AI are now affected by the same forces as player and now also have same FM and weight structures - there are no AI advantages in P4.

You can set loadouts for all AI craft in your flight individually.

WM

OK now, to that last bit of info Winder, and at the risk of repeating myself in this thread ...

Lou_South_Park_01.gif

This is just SOOOOOOOO much more than I imagined P4 was going to be. You devs are miracle workers ... truly.

Lou

OK now, to that last bit of info Winder, and at the risk of repeating myself in this thread ...

Lou_South_Park_01.gif

This is just SOOOOOOOO much more than I imagined P4 was going to be. You devs are miracle workers ... truly.

Lou

Thanks Lou....

Guys I am not going to reveal any more details at this moment in time - the vid does not reveal the half of it...

But I hope the vid and the info we have shared here thus far demonstrate our commitment to making OFF as realistic as we can.

We have read all the feedback since P3 release - we know of the limitations of P3 and CFS3 - we have it covered as best we can.

In fact Phase 4 was 'cancelled' last year - we are now working on OFF 2.

WM

Ill just say you guys have addressed every issue I could have hoped for already. As far as this pilot is concerned anything else is icing on the cake. :drinks:

WM

EXCELLENT - I am now an extremely happy bunny.

Thanks very much

I have to say that you've already exceeded my expectations. I had no idea you could do such things with CFS3. Amazing! :drinks:

sometimes one has to be aware of some smaller or bigger gaming-dreams come true.

about 10-15 years ago i was thinking, while playing old Amiga Wings, Red baron 1, later stock- Red Baron 3d etc. how cool it would be to really have rudderpedals,

how cool it would be to turn your head by yourself, scanning the skies, looking for the enemy instead of pushing the enemy-button where your virtual head automatically turns to him,

to have all those historically correct AC with great and fluid graphics, instead of slow, pixel AC-wannabes.

to have all those battles and actions on the ground in real, and not only in my imagination when looking at the same pixels which were brown instead of green like the rest, pretending to be nomandsland.

to not only have careers, but to have a tough career where you want to survive and where you are not automatically the bellybutton of the world and the best fighterpilot ever existed with 300 kills.

where you feel like the small, unimportant part of a war-machine, among many other small unimportant parts, instead of beeing the rambo of the skies.

when i look back, and think about it, suddenly i realized that many of those dreams actually came true. mostly because there is a small team of WW1 enthusiasts, historians, programmers, skinners, and a hollywoodcomposer who made all that happen.

and with OFF 2 i'm sure that all that i mentioned what already came true in p3, will be taken to 5 levels higher in shape of OFF 2

cheers

In the words of Captain George.....

"I hope I snuff it right now...to preserve this moment forever"

Captain Blackadder - "It can be arranged"

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

best news ever. OFF 2.

Lekker lekker.

m

AI are now affected by the same forces as player and now also have same FM and weight structures - there are no AI advantages in P4.

WM

Lou, forgive me, I just had to do this - Winder, you guys seem to be able to change far more than I had ever expected!

OFF 2 is going to be bigger than SKYRIM.......:clapping:

WM

Holy crap. Have any of you guys slept in the last 2 years???

The only problem I see now is you won't have enough room on the DVD Box cover to list all of the improvements, additions and complete system overhauls you've done.

Kudos just doesn't cover it anymore.

Hellshade

Thank you so much for the preview movie gentlemen.

Everything looks brilliant and I am excited about the changes you are implementing with regards to AI etc.

The new manager looks great, excellent artwork and such. Whoever is responsible for the look of that, well done.

I can say without any trepidation whatsoever, that I am looking forward to getting my hands on this...bring it on.

Just realised:

A We shall get 80 Jasta - gapless !

B Bosta 2 - 18 (Bomberstaffel)

C 28x FA(A) Fliegerabteilung Artillerie (Artillery Observers)

D 7x Kasta (Kampfstaffel - tactical Bombers)

E Marine-Feldfliegerabteilung I + II (Naval Two-seaters)

F 6x RBZ Reihenbildzug (Aerial Photo-Reconnaissance) < < < see this, Hasse Wind!!!

G 22x Ss - not sure here, either Schutzstaffel (Schusta) or Schlachtstaffel (Schlasta) - Schlasta would be Ground Attack Fighters

Damn, the price IS HOT !!!!

Edited by Olham

Just watched the preview yet again and I must say that it never gets old. Especially the part 8:35 in where the DR1 gives two Allied scouts the slip with a hard left turning dive just in front of a row of trees and then pulls back up and changes direction to turn the tables on his former pursuers. The FM looks amazing and the AI has obviously also been overhauled to take full advantage of it. You've really outdone yourself gentlemen. I think OFF 2 is going to be stunning on many levels. :salute:

Hellshade

Just realised:

A We shall get 80 Jasta - gapless !

B Bosta 2 - 18 (Bomberstaffel)

C 28x FA(A) Fliegerabteilung Artillerie (Artillery Observers)

D 7x Kasta (Kampfstaffel - tactical Bombers)

E Marine-Feldfliegerabteilung I + II (Naval Two-seaters)

F 6x RBZ Reihenbildzug (Aerial Photo-Reconnaissance) < < < see this, Hasse Wind!!!

G 22x Ss - not sure here, either Schutzstaffel (Schusta) or Schlachtstaffel (Schlasta) - Schlasta would be Ground Attack Fighters

And hopefully the 2-seater squadrons do those types of jobs more than anything else ;). So if you want to be a bomber pilot, you can be pretty sure you'll be doing more of that than arty observation and recon.

Bullethead, I bet they will sort the different jobs out for the correct squadrons.

My wildest speculation is this (and I don't expect them to give anything away yet):

As the sim always knows the exact coordinates - how would it be, if you had to make recon photos,

and the sim - knowing wether you have been at the right spot or not - will tell you were successfull

or not, in the debriefing. That would make photo-recon as valuable for the flyer as it was for the

HQ. It should be even possible, that you make a vertical shot, which is later shown in your

debriefing window. My wildest dreams only yet - who knows what's possible...

Edited by Olham

I may have to get my act together and get a proper phone line. - Not for multiplayer, but just to keep looking at all this new stuff. Lovely jubbley.

Quick question though, I appreciate it's a campaign thing, but if all your wingmen are now tracked, does this impact on multiplayer to stop you spawning into the 'open' seats?

I ache to play multiplayer OFF again...