Polovski

* * PHASE 4 PREVIEW MOVIE 1 ! * *

Will we be able to actually take recon photos when in a recon squadron? What about artillery cooperation squadrons? Any fire direction missions for them, with a map and a wireless set? And bombing missions, with bombsights for aircraft which had them?

I'm absolutely sure more people would fly two-seaters if they could do all the things that those squadrons were historically assigned to do, and not just fly around and pretend to be doing it. I don't expect everything to work exactly like in real life, but it would be great if we could do something. :cool:

Edited by Hasse Wind

Will we be able to actually take recon photos when in a recon squadron? What about artillery cooperation squadrons? Any fire direction missions for them, with a map and a wireless set?

Don't forget that arty spotting was also used for counterbattery. In fact, I think that was its main purpose. The plane was watching for enemy guns to fire and then marking their position on the map, so they could be dealt with by friendly arty at the appropriate time. I'd rather do that than try to adjust fire in real time from the air. I real life I can do it from the ground no problem, but aerial observers were way out of my league.

So are we thinking 'OFF2 - Above And Beyond' for a name now?

So are we thinking 'OFF2 - Above And Beyond' for a name now?

I still vote for "Where Angels Fear to Tread" in keeping with the BHAH theme of the original.

I think "OFF - Reloaded" sounds sexier than OFF2 :grin:

Naval Two-Seaters in P4? I'm starting to salivate. Visions of Hansa-Brandenbergs sparkle before my eyes.

And I've yet to see a better name for P4 than "Fire In The Sky".

OFF 2 is going to be bigger than SKYRIM.......:clapping:

I hope so :). It will be for me, at least. Running around with swords is all fun and games until somebody gets one through the belly. But even going down in flames after colliding with your target is still fun :cool:

I still vote for "Where Angels Fear to Tread" in keeping with the BHAH theme of the original.

Hey, that's a good feeling one. Only too long - Pol wanted something shorter than "Between Heaven and Hell" -

Could one say it like this?

OVER FLANDERS FIELDS "Where Angels Fear"

Hmm, well, after reading the previous 8 pages I guess I'll just have to take a look at this vid, and see what all the fuss is about!

What with being absent, went for a flight the other day, first time in ~~ 11 months. Apparently it isn't like riding a bicycle, or if it is, I fell off, crashing on landing, and it looked like it was easy peasy from the pilot seat?

Cheers,

Britisheh

- Pol wanted something shorter than "Between Heaven and Hell" -

How about "OFFed"

Hmm, well, after reading the previous 8 pages I guess I'll just have to take a look at this vid, and see what all the fuss is about!

NOOOOOOO Don't look!

If you do, you are sure to go through withdrawls instantly (if it is even possible to go through withdrawls of something you have yet to experience). I was perfectly happy puttering along in p3. But NOW...I even

threatened Pol with the fingergun! This is serrious stuff.:grin:

I guess I'll just have to take a look at this vid, and see what all the fuss is about!

Oh yes, Sir! Oh yes, Sir! :hyper:

I know there is a sticky for this now, but like pol mentioned. sometimes the stickies get overlooked by the ocasional passer-by. It would be such a shame if someone visited these fourms and didnt see the impressive work done on this new phase of the sim.

Long story short.......bump. :drinks:

Hi Guys,

I have seen a few people post that they have downloaded the hi res version of the video, can someone please direct me to the place where this is done. All I can find is the youtube version on the OFF site. I can see older movies available for download in HiRes but not the current P4 movie. (maybe I cant see the trees for the forest.)

thanks,

regards Rob.

Hi Guys,

I have seen a few people post that they have downloaded the hi res version of the video, can someone please direct me to the place where this is done. All I can find is the youtube version on the OFF site. I can see older movies available for download in HiRes but not the current P4 movie. (maybe I cant see the trees for the forest.)

thanks,

regards Rob.

Hi Rob,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Di8adFiN_Ps#!

Click on the resolution on the bottom bar, and you will get options. Select 720p HD.

Cheers,

Ted

I use JDownloader to download from YouTube...

You can also do it with Real Player I think.

Thanks Shred,

that looks much better.

Elephant, thanks mate.. I have real player but for some reason I have lost the little drop down bar that comes up when you hover over a youtube video allowing me to download. I think I'll have a go at reinstalling RP and see how I go.

the movie looked great in low res but Hi res its something else altogether, cant wait to get my hands on this one..

regards Rob.

Capt. Winters, I would also suggest to click on the middle one of the 3 symbols right of the resolution.

The left/first on is "minimize", the second is "maximize" (or how it's called in English) - this one will

give you the video in it's best perfect size.

Of course you can make it "full screen" with the third symbol, but then you will notice the losses a lot,

that result from YouTubes transformation.

Edit: skip that thought. It wasn't wrong, but I just checked the full screen quality, and it is very good!

Edited by Olham

I use JDownloader to download from YouTube...

You can also do it with Real Player I think.

Correct.

How is such a download done?

I think I should have Real Player, or at least Windows Media Player.

With Real Player there should be a little tab on the upper right corner of the video's screen ,

with the indication "Download this video".

With JDownoader, I'm using,

you just copy the URL and all the versions of the video and audio are automatically loaded.

You download then the desired video or audio... :ok:

Damn. I saw Pol had posted and I had my hopes up for Preview movie #2. Woulda been a great Christmas present. ha.

Speaking of which, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate other stuff. May everyone be happy, healthy and gainfully employed in this New Year. :drinks:

Hellshade

Thanks a lot, elephant & Pol!

Damn. I saw Pol had posted and I had my hopes up for Preview movie #2. Woulda been a great Christmas present. ha.

Must be hard to be a dev.

If you use all your time for working on P4, the people moan about not getting another movie.

Do they produce videos, other people might complain: Hey you should better work and get P4 done!

Remember, guys - they have families, and it's Christmas time.

Good things will come to those who can wait.

Merry Christmas everyone!

The "Ha" was self mockery. I wouldn't expect any such thing. But you are right that they are pulled in too many directions. I wouldn't be suprised if they wear name tags at home so their families will know who they are. :blink:

Hellshade