Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Harry Morgan Dead at 96

:salute:

rest well, Col. Potter

RIP :salute: Col Potter.

M.A.S.H was and have always been one of my favorite TV series. Part of this was the dry form of humor Col Potter delivered.

RIP. Sad to see a great actor go.

Col.Sherman Potter RIP

:salute:

Sad to hear that he rode into the sunset on Sophie.Salute.gif

The man always looked like he was having fun with every part he played. While I liked him as Col. Potter I STILL get a real kick out of him as the crazy Major General Steele earlier in the series.

Just looked him up. Apparently, he played a B~36 flight engineer in Strategic Air Command, with Jimmy Stewart. Those days, they employed real actors. I wish they'd make a good DVD of that someday. Why they don't is a wonder.

Seeing it for the first time, I instantly saw MASH as a strong protest anti~vietnam war TV series (and original movie as well) -- but safely, and quite creatively, removed to a more distant forgotten war -- Korea. My dad fought on the ground in the Korean War, and loved MASH to no end, but never noticed the anti~war aspect until one day I told him that it was all about Vietnam. He said it never occured to him until then. :good:

I STILL get a real kick out of him as the crazy Major General Steele earlier in the series.

That's three e's and not all in a row. :lol: