Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

CaptSopwith's All-Nighter Thread

So Charles Lindbergh stayed awake for 33.5 hours flying to France... I don't suppose tonight will be quite that bad.

That said, this is my second one in four days. I'm frantically trying to complete papers that are overdue - in fact, one of them involves World War I aviation.

This is just a funny way of checking in and keeping myself awake. Feel free to comment back if you feel like it. I'll check in each hour until this thing ends! yess.gif

Imagaine that P4 comes out ONLY when your papers are completed. Now get in there and get some work done!!! :drinks:

if you are awake such a long time, reading your books etc.doesn't it turn slowly to be similar like this? :cool:

if you are awake such a long time, reading your books etc.doesn't it turn slowly to be similar like this? :cool:

It does indeed!

I reckon he's nodded off guys...how about you? :lol:

CaptSopwith, in the early 80s I have been working a lot in trade fair design.

Now, in that business you are absolutely blown up, if you should not get finished to the hour, when the gates are opened for the public.

The last 10 days before this date, we usually worked between 12 and 16 hours.

The last "day" often had 32 hours.

We lived on coffee to keep us awake, and beer to settle our nerves - an unholy mix (not to be followed!).

The last hours I had grainy sand on my brain, which trickled forth and back at every headmovement.

I controlled my face in a mirror to make sure, that there were no cobwebs on it,

but I had just turned away from it, and they were there again.

When I rode home in the Underground, I fell asleep standing, clutched to the hold rod;

people were laughing at me, when they saw it.

But we always made it.

This I wish you too - you will later talk about it like a heroe from a battle.

:grin:

(Damn, 5 minutes lost from reading this - back to the books, my friend!) :bye:

Edited by Olham

I reckon he's nodded off guys...how about you? :lol:

Two hour cat nap. Bugger! I'm still working away - will be out like a light this afternoon once it's all over! grin.gif

Even sprinkled in a little OFF magic for fun (no one else will know lol): Here's the title: Between Heaven and Hell: Life and Death Above the Trenches of World War I. grin.gif

Edited by _CaptSopwith

CaptSopwith, in the early 80s I have been working a lot in trade fair design.

Now, in that business you are absolutely blown up, if you should not get finished to the hour, when the gates are opened for the public.

Trade Fairs! Nothing worse.

Trade Fairs! Nothing worse.

So you know them too, Hauksbee? Yeah, they were really killing.

After the worst of them all, I had a "mind-expanding experience" without any additional drugs.

I lived at a friends flat in Berlin for the 3 weeks of the whole building up.

When I came home after the last work was done, I was totally finished.

I was over-tired, but afraid of sleeping.

So I asked him to make a mild tea and put some gentle, quiet music on, which he did.

Then, when I tried to sleep a bit, on the sofa, it went nasty.

As soon as I had closed my eyes, the "inner vision" was: my sofa free floating in space -

with nothing around me - only the stars, lightyears away.

And now my sofa with me on it, began a roaring descend, a screaming dive into the unknown,

head first!

I was awake immediately, and Frank asked, what I had.

I tried to describe it, and he gave me a funny look with a doubtful smile.

My next attempt to sleep ended the same way, and I went through that horror three times,

before I finally fell into a deep, dreamless slumber.

LSD? Who needs LSD, when you can work in trade fair design?

Mmuahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!

Edited by Olham

Trade Shows did not give rise to "Murphy's Law" ("If anything can go wrong, it will") but only because someone got there first. Trade Shows are 'chaos in action'. Clients know these shows happen every year, yet still wait 'way too long to get the specs. to you. They make too many changes to the booth design, which crowds you on time even worse. There's never enough in the budget...Oh God! Don't get me started!

Edited by Hauksbee