Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Lost a brother Firefighter Worcester Mass

Lost a Member of my fire dept this morning. FF Jon Davies Rescue 1, 17 year veteran of the WFD.Worcester News paper

Edited by MAKO69

As a professional lifesaver myself, I am deeply moved by the fact that he and his partner went in after someone who was REPORTEDLY still inside. So many times policy stops just short of doing the right thing because bureaucracy has made it such that people get into trouble for doing this sort of thing, when the reality is that we are paid by the public, and the expectation they have is this, that someone would risk everything for them. It's a most noble idea, and I pray for the family of Mr. Davies and for a speedy recovery for Mr. Carroll.

:salute:

BM2 Rob Mantell

USCG STA Cape Disappointment

Edited by Stingray72

I am sorry for your loss. Prayers for the family and surviving members of the Department. Having been to two LODD funerals myself, and losing one of my guys here in Kuwait, I know the pain. The tragic loss of your department at the cold storage building is still fresh in my mind....

(from a firefighter's son and a former firefighter - during my military service - myself)

real sorry to hear that man

my deepest sympathies to the family and your department

Mako, sad to hear about this.

What gets me is, in winter, I've seen guys on the floor wrapped in blankets, with very high wattage heaters right next to, and touching, the blankets.

Do they know what caused the fire?

Mako, tell his family that mine appreciates what he did for a living. It's noble as hell and I can't imagine a more honorable profession. I'm sorry for your loss. :salute:

When someone dies protecting us all...they are a true hero! :salute: