Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

We need a new planning map generator!

just saying. The old one keeps crapping out with a runtime error. Really pissing me off!!! :angry2:

Waiter, oh waiter, say, I'd also like some cheese to go with all this fresh wine around here... :crazy:

Hey, I don't get a hi-fi P-47, you don't get no map generator thingie... Deal with it. :whip: I'm gonna have to go buy frickin MS Flight Sim LXXII some crap or other, then buy A2A Accusim Wings of Power something dealio, then get their hi-fi P-47, just to fly a decent looking Thunderbolt that can't even shoot or blow stuff up... :hyper: I know, I know, like a hi-fi Jug is going to happen for SF; maybe SF-Project 19 by TK's great grand child... :deadhorse: Yeah, sure. I'll be like this dude :grandpa: before that happens. Oh, and Merry Christmas. :doh:

:rofl:

sounds like me talking about my SIL!!! All she does is whine!

actually, it's working ok with Desert, WoE, WoV based TFD/HFD (of course, when said terrains are placed in an 08 level 1stGen install....it just don't seem to like WoI based terrains, which is odd, considering it's built IN the WoE/WoV TE)

btw, Ken, did you look at the Jug pak I uploaded recently? Albeit Lo-Fidelity....the FM ain't too terribly bad

http://combatace.com/files/file/12375-pf-47d-25-thunderbolt-by-wolf257-for-sf2/

I have been thinking about adding planningmap generation to TFDtool.

If you use the latest version you can export an embossed map (showing both the tiles and height)

In the future that has to be stretched to 512,1024 and 2048 pixels, with the Airfield names and a grid on top...

Well that sounds a lot easier than it is.

anything you can do, is beyond appriciated ... (meaning, thank you sometimes just isn't enough)

holy crap!!!

that's what I call a planning map!! We've never had one that really read the heights ... and look at the Andes!! (Central America, which uses the VietmanSEA tileset)

Only one small problem....

it needs to read the IsraelME tile set.

cause dumbass me use that for the MidWestUSA tiles (fortunately, only 3 maps so far use it -cause it sucks-, Midwest, Afghanistan and of course, IsraelME)

superb work man!!

Only one small problem....

it needs to read the IsraelME tile set.

cause dumbass me use that for the MidWestUSA tiles (fortunately, only 3 maps so far use it -cause it sucks-, Midwest, Afghanistan and of course, IsraelME)

Glad you like it so far.

I don't get your remark about the IsraelME tileset, TFDtool should work with any tileset.

just tried it on IsraelME and it runs fine. my 8MB upload limit is reached, so here it is on Imagebam:

7b3e41163972164.gif

RIght now it just puts a grid dividing the entire map in 10x10 squares, regardless of map size. I don't know if that is OK.

Now that's beautiful Wrench...

I wonder if it's because I've added like 24 more tiles....????? Should still read the 'normal' ones.

wouldn't load Iran/Iraq12003 and a couple others. I'll go through the terrains, and see what's what. Wish I know more about this kinda thing!

edit (10 minutes later): figured it out... the CenUS_Data.ini was in Unicode; once converted back to ANSI, it read it. Now, to test I/I2003!!!

Edited by Wrench