Sign in to follow this  
jrh8

off manager

when I try to play OFF on trying to run for first time get error message cant locate files or create path, this happens in windows 7 32 bit.

if i instal in windows xp 32 bit it runs fine, can anyone suggest how to resolve this, as i would like to use win7 its faster

Runs fine in Windows 7. You might have made a mistake during your installation?

Make sure you followed all exactly - see here:

http://overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm

See under "Installation & Graphics" and "Windows Vista & Win 7"

I do think you'll need to get used to the idea of running your Windows 7 Machine as administrator. Some programs won't even work without being in administrator . .. .Trackir for one

I personaly think Windows made the USER way of doing business abit to widespread

Now don't get me wrong. . . USER. . . is great for your youngins to do their homework without screwing up DAD's computer. But that is about all it's good for

TrackIR works fine on Windows 7 (32bit) with OFF.

I found out, that I must sometimes press the TrackIR-Icon several times, until it "fires up", but then it works.

Thanks for replies, the progs were all installed using administrator, have done it several times deleting all traces of files beforehand but nothing seems to cure the problemn, just have to keep trying.

I have been using computers ssince they first came out for public use and up till now have never been stuck, I am 78 years old but will need tind a way to fix this before I reach 100

again thanks for posts

jrh, did you mean, you have two Windows installs on one rig, and OFF works on Win XP, but not on Win 7 ?

If the Win 7 rig is a new install of OFF, then think about these points first:

- was your CFS3 the version 3.1a ? (If not, update that first, before installing OFF)

- make sure to follow the correct patching sequence for OFF install (see OFF website)

jrh, did you mean, you have two Windows installs on one rig, and OFF works on Win XP, but not on Win 7 ?

If the Win 7 rig is a new install of OFF, then think about these points first:

- was your CFS3 the version 3.1a ? (If not, update that first, before installing OFF)

- make sure to follow the correct patching sequence for OFF install (see OFF website)

Hi have two harddrives to play with swap them over when using xp or win7 so there is no conflict between drives and both have been updated to 3.1a, its a puzzle

Hi Jrh8

Follow the FAQ carefully, as OFF runs fine on Windows 7 32bit and 64bit, (Most of the dev team has Windows 7 32 or 64)

as 33LIMA pointed out you need to read this part carefully...

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Vista_Specific

It's not just the install you also need to set up the properties of OFFManager.exe and CFS3.exe after the install too as per the FAQ

"It's recommended to avoid problems that you set OFFManager.exe and cfs3.exe to "Run this program as an administrator". Also you may need to set CFS3.exe to run in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode - see the examples below for how."

Being logged in as an administrator is not the same, it's a specific setting see the link anyway.

and see the FAQ for pictures of how to do it.

You also need to make sure you install the update patches

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Installation_and_settings

"cant locate files or create path" this is usually because you have not set it up as above.

JRH8,

I had to reinstall OFF on my W7 64-bit machine recently as I was having problems with a key binding not working as it had. After 3 reinstalls where it kept the key bindings I uninstalled, and did some digging on my machine.

Try the following

Uninstall CFS3 and OFF first and thenlook in C:\Users\(your name)\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft and deleting the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder and then rebooting your machine.

That fixed the problem for me.