Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer

OT There's flying low, and then there's ...

A friend send me this link. Might have been posted here before, or I expect some of you will have seen it, or some of the photographs, already.

If you haven't, well some of them literally made me catch my breath!

http://www.vintagewi...-Wagon-Rut.aspx

Edited by Wayfarer

The ones with the Spit with the snapped prop blades and the P-47s with bent props and cowlings are just ever so slightly insane! :blink:

Wow! I'd seen 2 or 3 of those, but lots of new stuff there to my eyes.

One I had seen was the Mosquito, but there's also a second picture featuring another low flying Mossie with the Observer calmly looking out the window.

I'm sure I have it somewhere...

Very good collection of aircraft photos! Some are not seen very often.

So I like the Westland Whirlwinds over the dunes.

(Had an AIRFIX model of that craft in my childhood)

That guy with 3 props feathered in the Lanc was OUT OF HIS FRIGGIN' MIND!!!:yikes:

I saw some interesting low-level stuff at an airshow a while back. I suppose the ballsiest was this guy cutting ribbons while inverted:

gallery_45917_707_17888.jpg

An incredible collection of photos. Love the South African Harvards (T-6 Texans) with their wheels touching the water. (now that's bold!) And...P-47's are even tougher than I had thought.

Edited by Hauksbee

An incredible collection of photos. Love the South African Harvards (T-6 Texans) with their wheels touching the water. (now that's bold!) And...P-47's are even tougher than I had thought.

One of my dad's 1st cousins flew Jugs. One of the guys in his squadron was strafing a flak position and flew through a telephone pole. He came home with the center 6 feet of the pole, still vertical, embedded about 3 feet into the leading edge of his wing.

Yes, thanks for posting, Wayfarer. some of the most dramatic pics I've seen in a long while!