Hello, All.

So I was just playing SF2 and.....

I chose a recon mission over Anatolia terrain and during the load portion...

...I get a CTD at the 80% mark. Also at the 100% mark...

All my other terrains work.....

What could it be that is stopping it?

SidDogg

was there are error message associated, or just "SF2 has stopped working" kinda thing?

It's a resource hungry terrain you know.. It's more likely to CTD if you have a big modded install.

Actually just the other day, to get over this CTD, I tried one of those 4GB exe patches they make for other games. I'm not sure if SF2 benefits from this, but it seemed to help.

This is the utility: Large Address Aware. http://www.techpower...ad.php?t=112556

Edited by PureBlue

was there are error message associated, or just "SF2 has stopped working" kinda thing?

SF2 has stopped working.....

SidDogg

Try a seperate Anatolia install. worked for me.

...hmmmm.

okay.....

SidDogg

also tuning the terrain objects detail to lower values might help, these don't reduce number of ground objects/structures, but the amount of TODs

and horizont distance from very far to far makes BIG difference in resources too,worth trying Sid

Well i think a lot can be done when the textures for the objects will be converted from bmp to jpg or dds.

There are tons of textures in that terrain...

The version 2 terrain has JPG tiles, I didn't want to mess with all the included objects. Plus I don't think it's the textures busting the graphics memory, it's the amount of terrain target objects/groundobjects, which use the main memory IMHO.

Like I mention in the README, first starting a Single Mission using a different terrain, then loading a mission w/ Anatolia, solves all CTD problems for me. Everytime. I guess it's hardware/mod dependent..

SO!

I uninstalled, then reinstalled SF2, with a slightly diffenent folder address...

Works perfect YAAAY! :clapping:

post-2412-0-72317900-1323988025.jpg

Thank You Everyone!

SidDogg

staying on topic, I noticed in my case that resources-heavy modded terrains (los of targets areas, hi res tileset, dense TOD population) generally tend to CTD more often with recent patches

I should have posted this before, it might help people having CTD w/ Anatolian Terrain:

I'm using higher setings in my FLIGHTENGINE.INI, and almost never get CTD using the tip I give in the README. (Which is start a single mission in any other stock terrain, quit and load the next mission using Anatolia)

Edits for Flightengine.ini

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=4096

MaxMeshPerScene=4096

MaxModelPerScene=2048

MaxLightPerScene=512

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=0.0