OK I know I will sound like a broken record but, one more time..Learned to model on my own using MCfly's Tutorials and notes from the internet..I have come a long way since my first attempt and have still much to learn...Same with my mapping skills.. I have several projects that would benefit from a proper map and thus bringing more realism to them. Would like to

get together with someone to pass the finished 3d file for proper mapping ( and yes I know many people are very busy. Meanwhile I have been trying to learn but it will take some time. I have now become self conscious of this fact and came to a decision to stop modding, until I resolve this issue one way or another

Thank you for your past support

Ed

I'd like to help! I actually like uvmapping just for the sake of it enabling me to get to the juciy part of texturing! And I think I can give you some pointers too in the process. Gotta hit the sack now since the missus is waiting but shoot me a PM!

Two pretty good links there, and while I sort-of agree with Grinch that UV-mapping is one of those things you only get better at by doing, but I also know all too well the feeling when you are hitting a wall and feeling like you are not getting anywhere. So I'd be glad to unwrap some models for you and maybe give some pointers along the way, maybe it will help you seeing your own models unwrapped to get a feeling for unwrapping?

And seriously, UVmapping a plane is relatively straightforward compared to organic shapes so I can't see this making such a dent in my spare time!

trying to Map the Fuselage is a B*T*H :fool:

I hate cylindrical mapping,unless its something like an SU-9,which has a fuselage which doesnt taper too much causing headaches trying to edit the polys\verts.

could someone post a quick tutorial on fuselage mapping ?

You can select Poly per Poly of the area you want to map. Seems like you have cutted as an example the fuselage if the Su-24, that causes nasty shados. You can Merge the polys together and instead cutting the mesh, just select the polygones. I work allways in Editpoly mode. that works great and you have 100% controle of your selected area. :drinks:

You can select Poly per Poly of the area you want to map. Seems like you have cutted as an example the fuselage if the Su-24, that causes nasty shados. You can Merge the polys together and instead cutting the mesh, just select the polygones. I work allways in Editpoly mode. that works great and you have 100% controle of your selected area. :drinks:

Black if you can eleborate more on this IM me please

Ed