Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

TrackIR goes strange...

Occasionally, when I'm flying, TrackIR will suddenly flip the screen upside down. I can usually correct this with an angry-like shake of my head, and it goes back to normal. During some dogfights, 'occasional' becomes 'frequent'. Anyone know what's going on?

The same thing happens to me. I have no idea what causes it. However all that I do to correct it is tilt my head down sharply so that my chin touches my chest an then bring it back up again and it rights itself. I have checked different forums specifically Natural Point and not found anything. I thought that I was the only one who experienced this Maybe someone else has the answer.

Tony

Rabu once had a post saying, that TrackIR works much better, if it is further away from the player.

I have attached mine 10 cm behind my monitor.

Have you guys put the command "Center" on a joystick (thumb) button - that command should put

everything right at once, and I always use it a lot, after looking around it is the best way to re-center

the view (you need to look at the center of your monitor, of course, when you press it).

Also make sure, that there are no lightsources nor light reflections behind you - and don't smoke.

A red hot cigarette spot could be enough to confuse it.

Edited by Olham

I get occasionally in OFF, and rather often in FSX . . . . .Just clic center or F12 . . . .mine is no longer F12, as it resides on my joystick. . one of the lower buttons . . it arms my secondary weapon in OFF .. . turns off my landing lights in FSX . . and centers my trackir

Yuppers, had the exact same issues with TrackIR until I made a little shelf to mount the camera on so that it is about 24" away from my head and at the same level as the smart clip on my cap. I also installed some thick shades on the windows in my flying room so that I can eliminate the strong outside light source during the day. Since then it has worked beautifully.

IIRC, this was problem early on, probably doesn't happen as much any more so your search would have to go back three years or so. If you're using the Vector clip adjust the cap so it's about normal in the back but high on your forehead.

If you have the TIR4 or 5 and using the trackir clip move the unit on the monitor 3 inches left too. Moving it back some is always good too.