Sign in to follow this  
Soulfreak

Fighter Ops

I came a few month ago over a flightsim that is sfor a long time in work.

IT´s called Fighter Ops. It looks pretty interesting. But i can´t find any

infos about a release or something like that. I´ve registered on their web side

& I follow em @ facebook.

Anyone here knows something about it? For me it looks

like a mystery ala JetThunder...

Fighter Ops is a Duke Nukem Forever of flight sims! Plus you actually have to PAY to gain access to current news and progress reports/screenshots and stuff, or so I heard........

yes you have to buy your access to development info and deeper forum levels and i can almost promise you that its going nowhere. Its been there for ages, originaly started i think from one of the zillion F4 modding groups / mafias (with all of their ridiculous secrecy, backstage politics and backstabing & group wars trivialities) called i think viper ops ? I actually don't get this kind of stuff : what is really the point of having a project "alive" after 2 years of less than 30% "development" (and ask money for giving nothing on hands of fans after 6 or more years) . Without real MONEY to back you up and a real business connected with your project (market knowledge, market connection, market evaluation, etc) i don't think projects of this magnitude (http://fr.wikipedia....iki/Fighter_Ops) can really go anywhere. Since FOPS started , almost one-man show TW has went leaps ahead, Windows, 3D, DX, CPUs have significantly changed, ED launched FC2, HiFi DCS A10C, HiFi DCS BS2, HiFi DCS BS1, BMS did their 4.2, and in first half of 2012 we will sure have again a new title from TW and one or two launches from ED too. Its kinda more of a no-point ops.

If its a hobby of yours with an ambition ok i get that. seems interesting and exciting. but to ask money from people in order to watch you making some semi finished 3d work here and there , that i just don't get. Donations would i understand too. What will all these paying members get back if the project just fade and never complete ?

Edited by squid

OK, woon´t have an eye on it till there will be a release! Thanks for your awnsers!

it's a scam of flight sims industry, stay away from it

FO has been in development since before what is now known as Il-2:Cliffs of Dover was. To give you a time frame.

i havent seen nawt from them in years,

didnt someone point out that they were using 3d models from other games?? (the F-22)

Edited by SkateZilla