Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Best Airline advert EVER!

I'm sure someone has to have posted this before, but I'll do it again. It's just that good!

there's also a short 'behind the scenes' video on the page as well

British Airways is not my favourite airline but they have done some impressive things over the years. As to Concorde one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built...

I loved this commercial, and when I flew with them to London, boy - they did serve.

I went to London once. It was supposed to be a "Simulator run", a weekend to test my mettle and nerves alone for the first time in a Foreign country. London was to be a good test. I booked flight with SAS and hotel and all that. After two days of English hospitality and that strange bloody thing they call breakfest, I went to Heathrow to fly home.

SAS had cancelled the flight home (too few passengers). However, they refused to arrange a place to stay overnight, nor to book me onto the next flight. Instead, they wanted me to wait for another two days. A Brittish Airways employee overheard it all, and she told me to follow her to her desk.

There, I got a hotel and a lunch ticket, a place on a plane the next day and access to a phone so I could call my pickup at the airport that I was not coming. So I got a terrific dinner, slept well and could rise and shine for the flight home thanks to BA.

However, as the BA staff told me, they sent the bill to SAS. But still, it was good to see them go that far for something that actually was not their problem.

Edited by JonathanRL

The worst airline advert came with the late Belgian company SABENA's slogan: "With SABENA, you would already be there!", when an unwise advertiser stuck posters all along a 1km-long wall in Brussels... The outer wall of Laeken Cemetary! Typical Belgian joke...