Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Oh, the Nostalgia - The Orient Express

I'm just reading "Orient Express" by Graham Greene, and started daydreaming...

That would be a dream - a train ride on the Orient Express, or Stambul Express, as the British

called it once. I would ride first class, have a sleeping department for myself (or perhaps my

lady and me - I'd think about it).

Most of the time I would be sitting in the dinner waggon and eat four course meals, accompanied

by some rich wines (finesse not necessary - the bouguet would be shaken down from all the

rattling anyway), ports and excellent brandy.

(Well, it will remain a dream. The train doesn't exist anymore, I am not rich; and I even stopped

drinking. But dreaming must be allowed...)

Wiki has a very detailed description and history - I had not known, that there were so many

lines and changes.

http://de.wikipedia..../Orient_Express

Edited by Olham

you must watch "from russia with love" again. one of the best bond movies IMO. great orientexpress scenes

Thanks for the tip, Creaghorn - I actually never saw that one.

aye and if not wrong they say they have also once a trip to Istanbul in a year never saw it though

...so all I needed now would be to get rich? :lol:

Or...you might not :grin:

(get Murdered I mean)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Which was the Agatha Christie novel that took place on the Orient Express in which everybody had a hand in the murder?

i know about Murder on the Orient Express only :dntknw:

Could it have been anymore obvious! Sorry lads, it's just Creeping Olde-Phartism, and the brain cells are the first to go.

Not that obvious, Hauksbee. The Agatha Christie book came out in the USA under a different title,

because short before, Graham Greene had released his book "Stambul Express", which was

called "Orient Express" in America. NOW yer olde brain cells have something to chew!

:hyper::grandpa::wheelchair:

Not that obvious, Hauksbee. The Agatha Christie book came out in the USA under a different title, because short before, Graham Greene had released his book "Stambul Express", which was

called "Orient Express" in America. NOW yer olde brain cells have something to chew!

I thank you; my brain cells thank you...it was looking pretty bed there.