It is possible, to have this HAWK_HIPIR model, without the fortress/bunker??? :this:

c39d5dacd6.jpg

wasn't there HIPIR stand-alone available in HAWK package loong time ago? Or as part of some mod?

why is it even used with in a bunker anyway?:dunno:

wasn't there HIPIR stand-alone available in HAWK package loong time ago? Or as part of some mod?

Yes, certainly ... but notes this difference!!!

88436099.jpg

And

29494281.jpg

Do you have any idea or suggestion??? :dntknw:

the UV Mapping is off, the wheels your seeing are the entire map for the whole object laid out on the flat surface.

the UV Mapping is off, the wheels your seeing are the entire map for the whole object laid out on the flat surface.

Forgive me ... ... you can solve it?? :dntknw:

Yes, first find out exactly what bitmap the lod is calling out for, and then find that exact texture an an original copy of SFP1, and use that.

It's obviously been replaced by a texture with a similar name (but meant for different mapping), in SF2.

Yes, first find out exactly what bitmap the lod is calling out for, and then find that exact texture an an original copy of SFP1, and use that.

It's obviously been replaced by a texture with a similar name (but meant for different mapping), in SF2.

Forgive me ... How can I do this???? :dntknw:

Can you help me?? :worship:

The bitmap is HawkLauncher.bmp ... then what do I do???? :this:

Than it's obviously using the same bitmap as the launcher, which has different mapping.

You can always try making a new template yourself.

yeah wrong or reset UV mapping on tjhose parts

considering Pasko's original HAWKs are from 2003 ....

. It's possible that bunkerized lod may have been reverse engineered from the original HIPIR lod (adding it's nodes to the 'stand', and thereby maintianing the defective mapping.

in short, there's no way to fix it without the MAX files. One could (if clever enough) always create a new skin, hex edit the lod to name change/adjust/whatever/ the HIPIR skin pointer to try and fix it. Mabye use the PanelFinder as a skin, and see what lines up where.

and why would anyone NEED to be that close to the object to see the defects? Personally, it just ain't worth the effort and time wasted.

I've never, and will never, use that bunkerized one. HAWKs are meant to be moble, and moved around as needed. (having a copy USArmy FM on air defenses helps that respect) Dosen't mean they weren't used in fixed sites (as they were all through Europe and Asia), its just an un-needed thing

considering Pasko's original HAWKs are from 2003 ....

. It's possible that bunkerized lod may have been reverse engineered from the original HIPIR lod (adding it's nodes to the 'stand', and thereby maintianing the defective mapping.

in short, there's no way to fix it without the MAX files. One could (if clever enough) always create a new skin, hex edit the lod to name change/adjust/whatever/ the HIPIR skin pointer to try and fix it. Mabye use the PanelFinder as a skin, and see what lines up where.

and why would anyone NEED to be that close to the object to see the defects? Personally, it just ain't worth the effort and time wasted.

I've never, and will never, use that bunkerized one. HAWKs are meant to be moble, and moved around as needed. (having a copy USArmy FM on air defenses helps that respect) Dosen't mean they weren't used in fixed sites (as they were all through Europe and Asia), its just an un-needed thing

First of all thank you for having responded in detail, then I'll try to follow your advice, if I will solve, I will know!!! :good:

:good:

let us know if you do!!!

Hello,

I see that some requsted the Hawk model without the fortress/bunker just give me some time to find the file and I should have it uploaded as soon as I can to you.

Take care,

umm

and other than the mapping being 'off', there's something wrong with the ones we've been using all this time??? Don't think so, but go right ahead with whatever you wanna do

I think having a good mapping make the model nicer andmake the player enjoy the game more as it is more realistic don’t you think so?To me it make a deferent if the model is not mapped correctly, any way if someone do a job it's good to do100% good work, that what I would like to do any way.

Hello,

I see that some requsted the Hawk model without the fortress/bunker just give me some time to find the file and I should have it uploaded as soon as I can to you.

Take care,

umm

Fantastic ... ... while waiting, thank you infinitely!!!!! :clapping:

I think having a good mapping make the model nicer andmake the player enjoy the game more as it is more realistic don’t you think so?To me it make a deferent if the model is not mapped correctly, any way if someone do a job it's good to do100% good work, that what I would like to do any way.

Without contradicting Wrench, I think like you!!!! :drinks:

Also the eye wants its part!!!! :yes:

Nice to see this come to life, as back in my Army Days I provided master-level radar/computer support for both the HAWK and PATRIOT Missile Systems...

And while the Hawk was renown for its mobility, you would be shocked at how many fixed locations were hidden (I've seen a lot of sites, but never one that had a bunker like that). And I once literally walked through a freakin' tree door to a fire control center below...oops, can't say anything more or someone may come and take me back down there...nooooooooooo! Hmmm, wonder if I have some of my old photos around...

Edited by swambast

but never one that had a bunker like that

my point exactly

if anyone is so interested, I'd glady make availalbe US Army manual FM-44-1 "US Army Air Defense Employment" on

pdf.

Albeit dated (1965), it's got more info than some folks here will be able to use.

That's not a bunker...that's....that's......OMG! It's a Mayan Pyramid!!!!! :yikes:

Hello,

This is the link to the Hawk site models without wheels skin textur that was requested by AGOSTINO

http://combatace.com...ls-skin-textur/

Take care,

umm

PS. this bunker was modeled after the Kuwait Hawk site in kuwait 1985.:drinks:

Awesome ... great job! :clapping: Thank you infinitely!!! :drinks: