This just posted this morning

"

Well, we've been working 20-hours 7-days week for the past month (yes we even worked through the Thansgiving weekend, although we did take a short break to have a big steak dinner icon_wink.gif ) to make the Christmas date for everyone, but it looks like we won't make it. Usually, the last 2 months is all about which features could be cut to make the deadline, as no matter how conversative you make the estimate, everything almost always takes longer and cost more to develop. And while we would love to make Christmas, at this point, we probably won't unless we make even more drastic cuts to the features.

TK "

dont make any cuts, release in feb. for my Bday, I'll have my tax return....

NO CUTTING FEATURES!!!!!!!!!!!! yikes.gif

You mean I can spend on Steam and GOG safely? Yay!

• Like 1

This just posted this morning

"Usually, the last 2 months is all about which features could be cut to make the deadline"

"

It's far better to release a solid product at a later date than to make any forcasted deadline.

TK and everyone needs to take a break....that nuts as far as hours go.

It's far better to release a solid product at a later date than to make any forcasted deadline.

same point of view for me

the infamous walmart fiasco wasn't related to this?

As far as I remember, the walmart fiasco was caused by TK's publisher at the time who released the game still in a Beta stage. That is one reason why TK now does everything in house.

From the amount of work they are putting into it, it sounds like the new sim will have many new features.

really looking forward to it.

Edited by Sherpa

Strategy First and other developers kinda screwed thirdwire, i wonder if i can find a review from the WM Build.

they dont see next to anything from CDRom sales (which I have seen SF:Gold, WoV and WoE in Bargain Bins.)

"It easier to calm the restless natives than to beat back the cries of war".

I'm pretty sure everyone here can agree that if TK released anything short of spectacular he'd be lynched before he could utter his New Years resolution...

My only fear is the vague transparency of this game's development has left many to over-speculate which obviously leads to over-reaching expectations.

It's kind'a like shaking your present on Christmas morning, guessing it's that new video card you've been begging for only to find upon ripping the package open...

... A new set of screwdrivers. :blink:

I hate it when that happens.

Edited by Zurawski

Guest Pfunk

Works for me.

I can wait.

TK, any new screenshot to make us forgiving you???...

don't harm, just kidding grin.gif

Edited by stuntman

Take your time. I've been waiting a lot of years for a replacement for "Fleet Defender". I can wait a bit longer.

I have been out of the loop for a while but what does this pertain too! just curious!

TK, any new screenshot to make us forgiving you???...

From TK: "Sorry screenshot feature has been cut out"

:rofl:

j/k

I can wait, it's the most important title in Thirdwire's history anyway as Zur alludes...

Edited by Stary

a new set of screwdrivers is always welcomed .... especially if they're Snap-On!!

--------

along with SF2:NA, I can't help but wonder if, along with the 'new' terrain engine, if we'll be getting a new terrain editor.

Badger: do a search here in the Forums for SF2: North Atlantic (aka "The SF2 Tomcat Game")

along with SF2:NA, I can't help but wonder if, along with the 'new' terrain engine, if we'll be getting a new terrain editor.

Kevin, new terrain engine, as stated by TK on few occasions will use maps build in 3Dstudio max

"It easier to calm the restless natives than to beat back the cries of war".

I'm pretty sure everyone here can agree that if TK released anything short of spectacular he'd be lynched before he could utter his New Years resolution...

My only fear is the vague transparency of this game's development has left many to over-speculate which obviously leads to over-reaching expectations.

It's kind'a like shaking your present on Christmas morning, guessing it's that new video card you've been begging for only to find upon ripping the package open...

... A new set of screwdrivers. :blink:

I hate it when that happens.

I dunno, them new "double crank" screw drivers are awesome, assemble stuff in half the time, more time for Strike fighters 2 stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4USPlKtKA

Kevin, new terrain engine, as stated by TK on few occasions will use maps build in 3Dstudio max

New terrain uses LOD now, no mo TOD BS...

So... Lets get to makin some Trees Ice Bergs and Woolly Mammoths.

Since i Suck at Aircraft, but am good at larger ships and stuff, this is good news for me.

WARNING: CHEESY JOKE. SF2:Na...Strike Fighters 2: Sodium rofl.giflol.gif

good one liamp51 :rofl:

Concur with previous comments. Would have been cool to see it early, but if that meant cutting parts, that's not good. Will gladly wait to see the product completed as intended! :drinks:

WARNING: CHEESY JOKE. SF2:Na...Strike Fighters 2: Sodium :rofl:lol.gif

There goes my blood pressure. :rofl:

WARNING: CHEESY JOKE. SF2:Na...Strike Fighters 2: Sodium rofl.giflol.gif

And this is why it says not to inhale the dust from the fax machine's toner cartridge.

:rofl: