I think we are still looking at a WIP. I have just noticed in the last batch of pics that USS South Carolina is missing its Phalanx.

Not really, as the Phalanx was added in the 1980s

Besides, I doubt that TK would show off half-finished models in game.

Not really, as the Phalanx was added in the 1980s

Besides, I doubt that TK would show off half-finished models in game.

He has, plenty of times, especially for the F-14.

Right - that fact just will not be enough for TK including VF-111 skins in his rollout SFNA...

But I guess there will be some excellent modder jumping-in and delivering their skin for the game, soon - I hope... :good:

if its not in game already then it think Sundowners will be one of the first squadrons skinned. however most LANTFLT and PACFLT squadrons seem to be represented in the new squadronlist, including VF-1, 2, and VX-4.

I don´t know you guys, but i would like to see some late Navy Phantom (N, S) screenshots...as i hope those will be included...the game isn´t just about Corsair and Tomcat, is it?

I don´t know you guys, but i would like to see some late Navy Phantom (N, S) screenshots...as i hope those will be included...the game isn´t just about Corsair and Tomcat, is it?

and I would like to see some RF-8G shots as well, but the way I see it SF2NA is a Tomcat game...so far TK hasn't even said if the A-7 will be flyable.

Not sure if this has been answered already, but given the changes to the game itself, will it integrate into the previous SF2 games?

and I would like to see some RF-8G shots as well, but the way I see it SF2NA is a Tomcat game...so far TK hasn't even said if the A-7 will be flyable.

Not sure if this has been answered already, but given the changes to the game itself, will it integrate into the previous SF2 games?

if you merge install SF2NA, all F-4/A-7/F-8 and whatever flyables from previous SF2 titles will be flyable.

Check your option.ini in the latest patch version of SF2. Right there it says SF2NA = false, so it's obviously meant to merge. Of course, whether it does or not is another matter!

Perhaps the N and S will be DLC's :grin:

if you merge install SF2NA, all F-4/A-7/F-8 and whatever flyables from previous SF2 titles will be flyable.

The fact is that, if it is to be a sim at the same level as the other sims, it must not only feature all those improvements (wich would alone be worth) but also, include all those aircraft flyable. Phantoms, Crusaders, Corsairs and Skyhawks, unless the Campaign is going to be only too late in the Cold War for those to be in wide service (I hope not)

The Phantom DLCs could be fine, but at least one of those models (N or S) should be stock flyable to keep up with the timeframes, i hope it is not just the F-4J (74) wich appeared on the object list. Maybe, one of them flyable and the other one as DLC, but the Phantom is the flag ship of the series, it should never be left outlike that.

I can't believe this will be the only modern TW title that the F-4 Isn't flyable.

Hope to see A-4's but the poor things had all but left service by then... ho hum... hell me I just want to get flying the game and see what we get! :drinks:

Hope to see A-4's but the poor things had all but left service by then... ho hum... hell me I just want to get flying the game and see what we get! :drinks:

Yeah the last fleet A-4 squadrons were decommed in 1975. Should be easy to create a backdated campaign though with Oriskany on its final cruise Nov '74 to May '75. It was a WESTPAC, but who cares?

The fact is that, if it is to be a sim at the same level as the other sims, it must not only feature all those improvements (wich would alone be worth) but also, include all those aircraft flyable. Phantoms, Crusaders, Corsairs and Skyhawks, unless the Campaign is going to be only too late in the Cold War for those to be in wide service (I hope not)

The Phantom DLCs could be fine, but at least one of those models (N or S) should be stock flyable to keep up with the timeframes, i hope it is not just the F-4J (74) wich appeared on the object list. Maybe, one of them flyable and the other one as DLC, but the Phantom is the flag ship of the series, it should never be left outlike that.

Good grief! SF2NA isn't out yet and we're already complaining about what other aircraft it should include in addition to the F-14!

Maybe someone will update that mod for 1982 for you. Flyer.gif

Phantoms could still be included unless it kicks off in 86. last atlantic squadrons (VF-74 and another dont recall this second) switched to Toms in 83, Midway last sailed with hers in Pacicific around 84-85, and VF202 made the last Phantom trap in 86. whos to say a transitioning squadron didnt get orders to deploy at the last second the way VA-72 did in A-7E's for Gulf 90-91?

thats to say nothing of the VMFA's that were still flying the Double Ugly throught the 80's.

Phantoms could still be included unless it kicks off in 86. last atlantic squadrons (VF-74 and another dont recall this second) switched to Toms in 83, Midway last sailed with hers in Pacicific around 84-85, and VF202 made the last Phantom trap in 86. whos to say a transitioning squadron didnt get orders to deploy at the last second the way VA-72 did in A-7E's for Gulf 90-91?

thats to say nothing of the VMFA's that were still flying the Double Ugly throught the 80's.

VF-74 and VF-103 were on the forestall flying the F-4S until about 83 The Midway had two squadrons of F-4S until 1986, the Coral sea had two squadrons of F-4N's until 1884, VF-201/ 202 had the F-4S until 1987. 4 west coast reserve squadrons flew the f-4S( they shared the same aircraft) until late 84/85.

Edited by Icarus999

The A-4M hung on with the corps forever, it would definitely be part of any major conflict. So would the late model Phantoms.

One thing we have to remember is that even though the last F-4 trapped in 1986, I can say for certain, in the time of war, reserve assets are mobilized. Any unit whether East Coast or West Coast can be pulled to where they are needed. So some of you need to get out of the notion that just because they are a West Coast unit, has ZERO bearing on the fact that they can be pulled to the Atlantic for duty. Everything is on the table in a conflict a large as this would of been. Now if something was going on in the Pacific as well then assets would be pulled based at the West Coast would be used there.

But the lack of activity in the Pacific suggests this may be just an exercise.....wait..... :lol:

• Like 1

Two words: campaign customizer. :grin:

Would catagorize this as a first strike weapon?

VF-74 and VF-103 were on the forestall flying the F-4S until about 83 The Midway had two squadrons of F-4S until 1986, the Coral sea had two squadrons of F-4N's until 1884, VF-201/ 202 had the F-4S until 1887. 4 west coast reserve squadrons flew the f-4S( they shared the same aircraft) until late 84/85.

Am i the only one that see's something wrong here??.......................