Jug

Attempting bringing the A-37B into SF2 Vietnam

Is possible to see the copilot inside the cockpit? For me it adds a lot to the realism and inmersion factor.

Hmm well that would require a high poly pilot model. but the US often ran these with only one pilot, ie second seat empty. I'll se what I can do. In the mean time air conditioning vents. Can't not have those!  :biggrin:

Thanks for the info Swambast!

img00074.JPG

• Like 4

Sure Centurion, and here's the armament details from one of my other sources that I think will be especially helpful! 

The A-37 was armed with a 308 in (7.62 mm) GAU-2B/A minigun, which was mounted in the nose; a 20mm M197 gun and 30mm DEFA gun in gun pods; two air-to-air AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles; four pods, each with seven 70 mm/2.75 inch rockets; 500 lb (241 kg) Mk.82 bombs.

Also, here is a great link to some authentic video that I had discovered previously that you might find helpful in case you haven't seen it:  http://youtu.be/_RXrhgELHbU

And here's what I'd love to personally see just in case you're taking requests or plan to share the painting templates/.PSDs...

post-13298-0-86916200-1394217305_thumb.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to this and thanks for your efforts!

Yeah I will make a SEA camo for sure! Now if anyone would like to make decals, that would be good.

Is that an A-37A btw in the picture?

Great looking project indeed ;-)

Best

Dag

How's this bad boy coming along?  :biggrin:

Yeah, how´s going the project? I need that tweety bird!!!

It's a bit on the backburner because of all my other projects. But I could use some beta testers tho, and if said testers could help with some INI tweaks and decals et cetera they could be full team members! *wink wink* PM me!

The external model and texturing has progressed some but not super much.

img00068.JPG

img00078.JPG

• Like 10

PM sent

I thought I could post these here too, the A-37B project is alive and well, Daddyairplanes and Eole2 is working on decals on full steam, and I am tweaking the model and templates. These renders are still WIP and there are known issues, for example the tanks are too skinny..

msg-19311-0-50756400-1400781429.jpg

msg-19311-0-00001200-1400781432.jpg

And here is in-game a slightly older version of the model

img00447.JPG

• Like 6

Hey Mats, could i have the templates of the bird to make our Salvadorean A-37's?

that is looking REALLY good man!!

Be a GREAT addition when it's done!!

Centurion, this is absolutely wonderful...appreciate your efforts and let me know if I can provide any additional support by chance...thank you!

Man, I was just thinking about this again...just wondering how things were going?

no, its just mostly dead

havent heard from Centurion in a bit on it or any of the others  but all others have many other projects going on at the same time. i would expect an update from Centurion within a day now given the recent activity on the thread

Well now that Centurion's back, I am absolutely sure he has a lot of things competing for his time from his "to do" list...

...so maybe here is another addition to consider!  :lol:

• Like 2

Actually Easter is crazy busy for me, but after that I have loaded up motivation to finish all the small bits for the A-37B, or at least enough for a public beta.

I found some great A-37 eyecandy in the online national archives btw, which is an awesome source for old photographs. If you for example want to find refs of units in Korea in 1985, just type in EXERCISE TEAM SPIRIT '85 and bam, so much stuff. http://research.archives.gov//search?

DF-ST-83-04081.jpeg

DF-ST-83-04384.jpeg

DF-ST-90-02918.jpeg

DF-ST-91-06726.jpeg

Mats, could you pls send me the needed stuff for the A-37B?

I lost all i had from you due to a hdd crash.

then i could start with it. Got now some time for it. :-)

Sure give me a little while. That would be great btw!

How is thins going. Been reading through the thread and this little aircraft looks awesome. I'm teaching the Vietnam War at the moment and there is a classic bit of footage of an A-37 doing into a dive of a bridge/village. Considering the small size of it, it must have being pretty fearful compared to the brick outhouses the thunderchiefs or F-4s were.