Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

OT Dogs in the Snow

Here's my Odin and Pippin ready for take off!

Badly off topic I know, but I thought the doggy people here might like the picture. Pure fluke. My phone camera snaps about 2 seconds after I press the button, so when taking pics of my dogs, what you get is a complete lottery.

I thought it was a great picture, (& might even have called it the dogs b*"&"!ks). :lol:

Odin is an 8 stone Rhodesian Ridgeback, and Pippin is a Border Terrier.

post-45899-0-89794000-1324123797.jpg

Edited by Flyby PC

Fantastic shot m8...LOVE IT!!!! :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Yes, 50.6kg last worming weigh-in at the vet.

The KC breed standard says 35 to 38 kg for a dog, but Odin wasn't listening.

He's not fat or overweight either, just heavier built.

(Woops, best make that 6.97 stone, call it 7?. ).

Wait, wait, wait, Google convert 8 stone into Kilos, and it says 50.8 kgs.

BUT! Google convert 50 kg to lbs and you get 110 lbs, divide by 16lbs per stone, is 7 stone.

I may have to work this out the old traditional way - using a child who knows math.

Edit: It is 8 stone. There are 14 lbs in a stone, and I'm a retard apparently. :grin:

Edit more. Seems I'm not retarded, but made a simple mistake. It's a week to Christmas, and I can work a calendar. :grin:

Edited by Flyby PC

How cute! The big one has no problems in the snow, and little Pippin - like a dwarf

from "Lord of the rings" - is trying to keep track. Lovely!

It's little wonder, that mankind chose to befriend our Canine Companions!....you wouldnt want to get on their bad side!!!! :grin:

Any chance you could upload a pic of Odin in normal light please m8?...My Son wants to see what he looks like!...thanks :drinks:

No problem...

And if you want to know what a star he is, this is him playing with Pippin just weeks after I got him. It's hard to describe him, but he's a very 'kind' dog. Ridgebacks are pretty smart really.

post-45899-0-03515300-1324220279.jpg

post-45899-0-56353500-1324220933.jpg

Stunning!!!....My Son (and I) love 'em

Looking at the video...Odin is a 'big' chap....in more than one respect too isnt he?....Impressive!!!! :lol:

Looks like he could give the Ladies something to blush about!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Many of us have a special place in our hearts for our dogs. This is Sammy, she is a long haired Dachshund. She is my flying buddy, ever since she was a small puppy she like to go to the flying field with me and now she thinks she has to go all the time. Sammy goes to many of the flying events around the state with me and she has made many friends, No matter how hot or cold it may be, Sammy is there. She is now 16 years old and she can't get around very well so I made her some wheels which she uses very well. It is remarkable how much unconditional love and denotation can come from a small little dog. Sammy is my buddy.

Rich

post-56456-0-10932200-1324235934.jpg

post-56456-0-07113800-1324235953.jpg

post-56456-0-12413300-1324235966.jpg

Edited by jwrich

lovely pups.....nothing like dogs to tug a heart string....

Fantastic photo's Flyby, you have beautiful looking dogs there. Luv that snow shot. 50kg! Man I bet you know it when he jumps on you. :smile:

Here is a photo of my four. In the front (left to right) are Bella (Border Collie), Buddy (Border Collie) and Ben (mix of German Shephard, Bull Mastif and other breeds). Lurking in the back is Duchess, a Bull Arab. Duchess is only 6 months old, and already weighs in at 38kg.

Well...as we're on the subject!!!

This is Sophie.... My two year old Border Collie

post-22245-0-76144800-1324246156.jpg

And Max....my 11 yr old Border Collie

(He's a lot friendlier than he looks in this shot BTW!)

post-22245-0-90831500-1324246291.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Hmm, that didn't work to well! To upload don't you just select a file (using the browse button) and then click on attach?

Hmm, that didn't work to well! To upload don't you just select a file (using the browse button) and then click on attach?

yes m8... are you sure your upload limit isnt reached?

@ jwrich....that is one CUTE Dog m8..... and such devotion to her friend!... the bond between Man and Dog is very strong indeed!

(Nice DVII too)

fair enough.....here's the crew...we only kept two...wish we'd kept 'em all

post-46014-0-67376900-1324251878.jpg

My attachment folder in empty. :blink:

Actually... dont forget to Browse, Upload..and then add the file from the menu on the right of the screen

Beautiful Gaw!

Jwrich, your "little old lady with the wheelchair" and her looking up can break a tough man's heart!

Edit: Gaw, your puppies are looking like little Navy boys learning to use the rescue isle!

Edited by Olham

Ok, we're cooking now. Thanks Widowmaker :smile:

Here is a photo of my four. In the front (left to right) are Bella (Border Collie), Buddy (Border Collie) and Ben (mix of German Shephard, Bull Mastif and other breeds). Lurking in the back is Duchess, a Bull Arab. Duchess is only 6 months old, and already weighs in at 38kg.

dogs034.jpg