Sign in to follow this  
SpitfireNut22

Newbie Seeking help!

Hey guys

So I just purchased Wings Over Vietnam SF 2. I am not sure why but I cant get it to patch (I tired to install all the various patches listed on thirdwire) and I am not sure how to install new campaigns or airplanes. I am attempting to install the Air and Ground War Expansion v1.0. I copied the files (after extracting them) into the folders...and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

PLEASE HELP!

When you buy the game and download it then it should be current. You need to use something called a 'MODS' directory, not the c:/program files/thirdwire/strike fighters 2 vietnam folder

You mods folder will automatically set up when you run the game. It will be in your "My Documents" folder or in your c:/users/(name)/documents and settings/my games/thirdwire

When you buy the game and download it then it should be current. You need to use something called a 'MODS' directory, not the c:/program files/thirdwire/strike fighters 2 vietnam folder

You mods folder will automatically set up when you run the game. It will be in your "My Documents" folder or in your c:/users/(name)/documents and settings/my games/thirdwire

Ok so uninstalled and reinstalled the game onto my desktop. Still it is not working with the update pack. What do I do now?

Usually I install on the C: Drive and that's that. After that I use the mods directory...

recent downloads are ALWAYS at the current patch level, which is Nov, 2011. There is NO need to apply any patch (until the next one comes out)

----------------------------------------------

Awful lot of bad, faulty, defective, misleading and downright wrong information I see in (some of) the posts above ..

btw, this is all covered -correctly- in the SF2 Knowledge Base. Located directly above this Forum

The SF2 series ALWAYS installs the core operating files to the

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2

folder. This assumes a 'normal' install, not some wackadoodle install on some other drive. For all intents and purposes, this will suffice.

When the game exe is clicked, (or the factually, the game started) for the first time it will build what is generally called "the Mods Folder" containing all the 'other sub folders' for aircraft, ground objects, decals, whathaveyou

THAT folder is generally located (assuming Window7) in the

C:\Users\*yournamehere*\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

it does this for ALL versions of the game (SF2:E, SF2:V, SF2:I, ExpansionPak 1 and ExpansionPak 2 -if those exes are clicked as well).

create a new shortcut on your desktop or desktop/games folder and off you go.

It's also HIGHLY reccomended spending some time reading threads in the KnowledgeBase (hereinafter refered to as the "KB"), and play the game in its unmodded, unadded-to, fully stock format for several weeks to get used to 'how things are done'; file and folder structres and so forth

Edited by Wrench