Operation Blue Scimitar

Operation Blue Scimitar:

May 30, 1975. After 3 border skirmishes between the pro-west Kingdom of Dhimar, and the Soviet backed Paran, 3 Allied carriers, the HMS Ark Royal, HMAS Melbourne, and the Clemenceau, are moved to the Straits of Dhimar. Paran has been mobilizing reserve units for the past 2 weeks and it appears an invasion of Dhimar is eminent. France, Australia and Britain have pledged limited defensive support if Dhimar is attacked.

Required: Strike Fighters2 + Europe

DLC: MirageIIIC , Hunter(Oman), F-4K, F-8E(FN), A-4G

Add-ons: Super Etendard Buccaneer FAA

Recommended: Europe Addon Pack, Flyable F-104G, Hi-Res Tileset

A carrier campaign for some DLC. The Clem, The Melbourne and The Ark Royal are in name only, not accurately modeled. The default SF2 carrier is standing in until I have some addons to plug in, which may never happen. But don't let that stop you from enjoying this little campaign.

As I don't like so much Dhimari/Paran fantasy histories, I love carrier operations. So I think this is avery good idea!

BTW a good working Ark Royal is here http://combatace.com/files/file/1365-hms-ark-royal/ and a very nice Clemenceau is around here (I can't find it ...)

And last a good Melbourne is in Wing over Timor pack by A-TEAM (so not directly available)

I just added all 3.

:clapping:

post-29981-0-72400400-1324233040.jpg

You mean this one?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by hgbn

i Download the first pack

and the carrier was not..

i Download the first pack

and the carrier was not..

The Clem is in the 2008 WP in Hgbn post obove mine.

All the carriers work perfectly make sure you update the Desert Target Types, And Campaign Data, for the newer players :rofl:

Desert Types additions:

[TargetType072]

Name=ArkRoyal

FullName=HMS ArkRoyal

TargetType=WARSHIP

ActiveYear=1955

TargetValue=1000

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=ArkRoyal

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=18000.0

DestroyedEffect=MediumFire

SecondaryEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

SecondaryChance=100

[TargetType073]

Name=Clem-65

FullName=PA CLEMENCEAU (R98)

TargetType=WARSHIP

ActiveYear=1961

TargetValue=1000

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=Clem-65

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=18000.0

SecondaryChance=100

[TargetType074]

Name=Melbourne

FullName=HMAS Melbourne

TargetType=WARSHIP

ActiveYear=1954

TargetValue=1000

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=Melbourne

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

MaxVisibleDist=18000.0

SecondaryChance=100

CampaignDD75-DATA changes;

[CarrierUnit001]

CarrierType=ArkRoyal

CarrierNumber=1

UnitName=HMS Ark Royal

ForceID=1

Nation=RoyalNavy

BaseArea=Echo Station

NumSquadron=5

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

[CarrierUnit002]

CarrierType=Clem-65

CarrierNumber=2

UnitName=Clemenceau

ForceID=1

Nation=FrenchNavy

BaseArea=Marine Station

NumSquadron=3

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

[CarrierUnit003]

CarrierType=Melbourne

CarrierNumber=3

UnitName=HMAS Melbourne

ForceID=1

Nation=AustralianNavy

BaseArea=Marine Station

NumSquadron=3

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

Edited by porterjr

Awesome! Thanks yall!

In response to this post over at Thirdwire forums...

Thanks guys, but "take a break" and "leave a many features as you can" are mutually exclusive, we can only have one or the other and not both  Codes don't write themselves, 3d models don't build themselves, and textures don't paint themselves, unfortunately , so taking a break means less features get put in. Even a tiny company like ours burns through huge pile of cash every day, and it's the same amount regardless of how hard we're working, so the date we have to release the game is fixed and stays the same either way - it all depends on the sales of the existing/current games. Unless we have a sudden and unexpected surge in sales the next week, we're looking at a couple weeks of delay at most, with whatever features we have in at that time. Anything we don't have done before that date will be left out, hence the long hours (we're pretty used to it by now  

As much as we want to put everything in, we can never have a release with "no cuts" and "everything we want", such game will take forever and will never be finished, and we'll go out of business long before that  So it'll have to be the usual "whatever we can afford"  

TK

...I made this campaign to give a tiny boost to TK in the way of DLC sales. Maybe, just maybe, someone will want to download and will say "Ya know, I really should go ahead and pick up that F-4K and A-4G" etc...

Edited by arthur666

Awesome! Thanks yall!

In response to this post over at Thirdwire forums...

Thanks guys, but "take a break" and "leave a many features as you can" are mutually exclusive, we can only have one or the other and not both  Codes don't write themselves, 3d models don't build themselves, and textures don't paint themselves, unfortunately , so taking a break means less features get put in. Even a tiny company like ours burns through huge pile of cash every day, and it's the same amount regardless of how hard we're working, so the date we have to release the game is fixed and stays the same either way - it all depends on the sales of the existing/current games. Unless we have a sudden and unexpected surge in sales the next week, we're looking at a couple weeks of delay at most, with whatever features we have in at that time. Anything we don't have done before that date will be left out, hence the long hours (we're pretty used to it by now  

As much as we want to put everything in, we can never have a release with "no cuts" and "everything we want", such game will take forever and will never be finished, and we'll go out of business long before that  So it'll have to be the usual "whatever we can afford"  

TK

...I made this campaign to give a tiny boost to TK in the way of DLC sales. Maybe, just maybe, someone will want to download and will say "Ya know, I really should go ahead and pick up that F-4K and A-4G" etc...

I did :grin: