Sign in to follow this  
GodsLt

F-4E Pylon questions! :)

Hey guys, its been a long time since I posted here, but I'm back! The thing is, I am in hope that a modder can help me with what I am after.

You guys know how the inner wing pylons on the F-4 have two shoulder missile launchers and one other attachment point for bombs and stuff?

I would greatly appreciate if someone could copy those pylons (the entire attachment points) to the outer pylons.

Thanks in advanced!

Can't be done unless you actually modify the 3D model. Ini editing can do wonders but it won't do that, sorry.

No kidding?? Ahh darn!

I was under the impression that you could, since I remember I asked Nazghul a while ago to add some hardpoints to his Hispano Suiza Hidalgo, and he managed to do so with just some, and I quote, ".ini edits"

But what "wonders" are you talking about here, I sure am interested! :)

Where you been hiding?

Where you been hiding?

Who? Me or Erick? lol!drinks.gif

If it is me, then, I've been absorbed by Battle Field 3 on PS3 heat.gif

But I'm back now

It's you man, as I'm around and fairly active.

You could do it by editing the data.ini but because the 3D model hasn't got the AAM launchers on the outer pylon those missiles would hand in the air not attached to anything which looks terrible, unless you borrowed the 2IR mod for the SF1 Tornado which could get around that issue.

So do-able but it'd look very bad!

ahhh ok cool! Thanks IanH! Didn't know it was that complicated blink.gif

aren't the in-game phantoms already capable of carrying TERs and rocketpods, ARMs, etc? I seem to remember that...

pull the data & loadout inis, and take a good hard look at it ... you'll see

the stock stations can carry quite a bit on inner and outer, more than what was often carried in RL. as to the outer pylons they were never wired for AAM, though for a time the navy flew with Sparrow on the inner pylon as well as four under belly. even saw a pic years ago of a early B model with 5 Sparrow and two Winders. but usual warloads were a bit more conservative on operational A2A missions (4 radar, 4 heat, three bags gas)

Ohh I know about the MER and TER; but what I wanted for the outer pylon was two AAMs plus a TER or MER, just as in the inner hard point. But if it can't be done, it can't be done lol!

Sidetracking a bit, why didn't the outer outpoints were wired for AAM missiles? It would only be logical, due to failure rate in missiles, to carry more of 'em!

But anyways, thanks for the replies :)

Enjoy your holidays/hannukah/Christmas!drinks.gif

easy answer:

fuel tanks