Bullethead

OT -- Cats

We had a nangy old cat - you could stroke his head 3 times (3 movements of the hand) and he would enjoy it and purr. Then after the 3rd he would stop purring and look at you directly. If you continued and did a 4th stroke he would scratch your hand and hiss. One weird cat. As far as I can tell most cats are generally selfish - take away the food or warm fire and they'd be off like a shot.

Still each to their own :)

Here are our two kids....um....cats I mean.

cats.jpg

Spooky is the grey one. Rescued him from a shelter when he was about 2 months old. He seems to think he's a dog. He's always bringing slippers downstairs and presenting them to us as some sort of gift. The other one is Sasha. Bought her from a breeder. She's Balinese, which is basically a Siamese variant with longer fur, a bushier tail and a much softer voice than the traditional Siamese. Although her voice is softer, she uses it at every opportunity. She'll literally carry on a conversation with me that goes on as long as I respond to her, and just like a typical female, she always has to have the last meow.

Both fabulous, intelligent and good natured souls, and both spoiled rotten. Wouldn't trade either of 'em for all the tea in China.

Cheers,

Parky

Wow! That's a housefull of cats.

im cat lover watt can i say; they are 15 cats all strays

Here are our two kids....um....cats I mean.

cats.jpg

Spooky is the grey one. Rescued him from a shelter when he was about 2 months old. He seems to think he's a dog. He's always bringing slippers downstairs and presenting them to us as some sort of gift. The other one is Sasha. Bought her from a breeder. She's Balinese, which is basically a Siamese variant with longer fur, a bushier tail and a much softer voice than the traditional Siamese. Although her voice is softer, she uses it at every opportunity. She'll literally carry on a conversation with me that goes on as long as I respond to her, and just like a typical female, she always has to have the last meow.

Both fabulous, intelligent and good natured souls, and both spoiled rotten. Wouldn't trade either of 'em for all the tea in China.

Cheers,

Parky

Absolutely lovely cats!

WM

whyIdrink.jpg

Very funny! When my cat Charlie was young he would climb the Christmas tree and inevitably it would come crashing down ornaments and all. I used to tie the tree to the wall with some twine but now that he's almost 7 he's seems to have lost interest. :heat:

Perhaps we are just not fluffy enough... ? :no:

No, I think that language made it possible for us to disguise our real intentions.

Since I act more instinctively and less thoughtful and false, I'm gaining ground!

(So maybe when I'm 70, some girl will fall in love with me?)

:grin:

(So maybe when I'm 70, some girl will fall in love with me?)

Let us hope so, for then there's hope for me.

a few years ago the old lady that lived next door was one of those "crazy cat ladies" she had dozens of feral cats that lived in the woods behind her.they would once in a while come to visit but not often as they had to cross a busy street to get to us. After she died they had no one to feed them and they "migrated" to the woods behind my house. I had no problem with it but there was a serious problem in "my woods" there were wild Coyotes in there. It was one of the hardest things for me to hear the cats being chased and in the morning notice thet there were fewer and fewer cats. I had a few of the cats that I had become atactched to and they were tame enough to come up and sleep on the back porch. by then there were only 4-5 left. On night I herd the cats screaming and the unsual running in the woods. I had had it and went running out in my boxers. I had a flashlight and was going towards the woods when "Gimpy" a beautiful long haired cat that got her name because of her limp came running out of the woods towards me with a large coyote chasing her. when I saw her I called out to her and she just stopped and looked at me the coyote lunged at her but for once in my life I was in time and planted my foot into the ribs of the coyote hard anough to send it airborn and i gave chase until I lost it in the woods( it was pretty painfull running through dark woods barefoot) the next day Mr Coyote was seen laying dead near the edge of the woods. A few weeks later someone stopped buy to tell us there were bears in our back yard so sill me I grab my battle ax ( my rifles and ammo were locked up) and went sprinting out to protect my cats.Nothing messes with my babies.Thankfuly (for the bear or me...not sure which) the bears had made it out of site before I got there.Over the following monthes the busy street and the animals had taken all of the cats.it was sad but I did what I could to help them.recently a couple of sweet little kittens were dumped in the woods and decided out of all the houses lining the woods to come crying at my window at 3am. Well I wasn't going to let them get eaten so my "man cave" has become the "cat house' and sometimes they will even let me use my tools out there.I have to say that I have been around cats and dogs all my life and they both have good and bad habbits and depending on what personality you have one may be better for you than the other for you. that said I have seen cats display the same amount of courage and loyalty to humans as any dog. one isn't better than the other they are just usualy suited to different people.

Good on you, whiteknight06604...you certainly came by your name honestly.

Good on you, whiteknight06604...you certainly came by your name honestly.

i cant agree more

This is Chappie my Belgian Malinous with his cat Tango.....yes I have a dog who has his own cat.....or it might be a cat that has her own dog. We havent quite figured it out yet.

CD.jpg

I love that !!! But you're right Dave about who owns who: the dog has a boss, the cat has servants . My cat Sijtje actually owns two Newfoundlanders......... (and the car too fot that matter)

Merry Christmas to everyone and especially to all your animals !!! :good:

Edited by Derk

I love that !!! But you're right Dave about who owns who: the dog has a boss, the cat has servants . My cat Sijtje actually owns two Newfoundlanders......... (and the car too fot that matter)

My cat Gus definitely runs the house and has a paws-on managerial style. Several times each day, he takes short breaks from hunting to inspect the house. He checks in on each of his servants and his livestock, spending a few minutes with each to make sure they're doing their jobs, asking if they have any problems, and boosting their morale. Then back out to the killing fields.

He's doing his best to train the dog in hunting. The dog can run down anything it spots more than 10 feet from its burrow or a tree, but such opportunities are rare because the dog utterly fails to grasp the concept of stalking. So Gus frequently brings in live rodents and plops them down where they can run behind furniture, letting the dog see this. Then he tries to show the dog how to sit there quietly and wait for the rodent to attempt to escape. He's slowly making progress on this. The dog has reached the point of no longer trying to dig through the furniture, but it still is too easily distracted by other things going on in the house.

Here are the other cats I have...

accounting cat.jpg

This is Jinx the accounting cat

AWOLJINX.jpg

This is AWOL and Jinx

cali.jpg

This is Cali the barn cat.

jinxbag.jpg

Jinx in the bag, and it does answer the question of who let the cat out of the bag.

max.jpg

Maximilian I, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire

SAM.jpg

SAM - Yes he is named after them (Surface to Air Missile)

Just out of hospital, these cats really cheer me up Dave !!!!!!:good:

...just saw this this thread...

heck yeah. cat people stand up!!!

SidDogg