Sign in to follow this  
DocW

HitR campaign crash to menu

Hi,

watching the preview for the next phase to come (wow, wow and wow!) made me install OFF again and buying HitR.

I am now trying to play it in earnest. However, in a campaign I experience a sudden return to the flight menu (the one before the briefing room) and my flight is usually not recognized.

It seems to turn up occasionally, since I almost managed to finish one flight and the crash came close to my touchdown, thereafter my flight time was recognized.

I really like OFF and try hard to make some progress, but this one is a spoiler.

I did a fresh install, I even bought the UBI soft CFS 3 version just to be sure to have the right 3.1.

I run Win 7 64 bit, Program in Admin mode.

I did a web search on this, but found no obvious culprit.

TIA for any help,

Michael.

Edited by DocW

Hi,

watching the preview for the next phase to come (wow, wow and wow!) made me install OFF again and buying HitR.

I am now trying to play it in earnest. However, in a campaign I experience a sudden return to the flight menu (the one before the briefing room) and my flight is usually not recognized.

It seems to turn up occasionally, since I almost managed to finish one flight and the crash came close to my touchdown, thereafter my flight time was recognized.

I really like OFF and try hard to make some progress, but this one is a spoiler.

I did a fresh install, I even bought the UBI soft CFS 3 version just to be sure to have the right 3.1.

I run Win 7 64 bit, Program in Admin mode.

I did a web search on this, but found no obvious culprit.

TIA for any help,

Michael.

Did you patch OFF and HITR?

1324485183[/url]' post='542808']

Did you patch OFF and HITR?

Thank you tranquillo. Yes, i did. I patched off with the superpatch and the minipatch and i patched hitr with the one patch (1.47 i think)

michael

Edited by DocW

Thank you tranquillo. Yes, i did. I patched off with the superpatch and the minipatch and i patched hitr with the one patch (1.47 i think)

michael

Unfortunately I'm only able to help in a limited capacity due to a lack of the technical knowledge that some OFFers have.

I'm sure you did but I have to ask.....did you run CFS briefly?

The tech guys here are rather like London Buses, you don't see one for a while then 3 come along at once. Be patient and help will eventually arrive :good:

Unfortunately I'm only able to help in a limited capacity due to a lack of the technical knowledge that some OFFers have.

I'm sure you did but I have to ask.....did you run CFS briefly?

The tech guys here are rather like London Buses, you don't see one for a while then 3 come along at once. Be patient and help will eventually arrive :good:

Yes. I ran it.

Thank you again. I will wait patiently.

Michael.

well, yes, good idea. I expected some support, though.

Michael.

Run CFS3Config and set up your graphics sliders. See FAQ.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Installation_and_settings'>http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Installation_and_settings

Try setting slider of terrain and scenery 1 or 2 less each initially to test.

If that doesn't work : CFS3 dropping back to the OFF Manager is due to memory glitch or CPU overheat usually. Knocking your terrain and scenery slider

back may help OR see http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm this has troubleshooting tips (Q.25 especially).

1325913436[/url]' post='545928']

Run CFS3Config and set up your graphics sliders. See FAQ.

http://www.overfland...on_and_settings

Try setting slider of terrain and scenery 1 or 2 less each initially to test.

If that doesn't work : CFS3 dropping back to the OFF Manager is due to memory glitch or CPU overheat usually. Knocking your terrain and scenery slider

back may help OR see http://www.overfland...lds.com/FAQ.htm this has troubleshooting tips (Q.25 especially).

Will do -thx for that.Running everything on max. here.

Michael