Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Installing ROF on a new machine

Hi

I have RoF installed on my PC.. And have bought several addon aircraft for it.

Have just build a new PC..and want to install RoF on it...can anyone tell me if the addon planes will still be available please?

thanks

Yes, all the planes will be available. All your personal data stored on servers - planes, career progress and so on.

PS. You don't even need to reinstall RoF, just copy the game folder anywhere you want and launch.

Yes, all the planes will be available. All your personal data stored on servers - planes, career progress and so on.

PS. You don't even need to reinstall RoF, just copy the game folder anywhere you want and launch.

thats great!..thanks m8 :good::drinks:

Umm, pretty sure you need to install the game on a new machine. RoF installs to a windows program folder, so it does have registry settings. You can install, then copy over your updated RoF folder from the old install.

If it ends up you can simply drag it over to a new install, then let us know, and I'll eat virtual crow.:grin:

Umm, pretty sure you need to install the game on a new machine. RoF installs to a windows program folder, so it does have registry settings. You can install, then copy over your updated RoF folder from the old install.

If it ends up you can simply drag it over to a new install, then let us know, and I'll eat virtual crow.:grin:

Although I admittedly do not have a reference at hand, Jason WIlliams himself has publicly stated "We don't use registry entries" - although for the very reason you cite above, that statement seems rather dubious to me (this may not affect the game, though, so much as how it appears in Windows for example). Either way, that's what the man said.

All that being said, a new install would (most likely) require actually installing; not for RoF per se, but the other requirements - DirectX and C++ stuff, IIRC. I think if someone got it to work by simply dragging the folders on a new setup, then they probably already had the other requirements in place.

The only reason you'd need to "install" it would be so you could use the uninstall later AFAIK. Other than that, I thought it would just work, just like the Thirdwire sims.

Well...I just copied the whole folder onto a Pen Drive...copied it to new computer...it did a small update and viola!...works perfect!...thanks guys