Sign in to follow this  
Adger

Wings of prey on steam

Sorry guys if this has been mentioned before but ive just seen Wings on steam for £2.49,could anybody give me some advice on the game,is it any good etc,any info would be greatly apprieciated,also is the expansion pack any good ,many thanks :good:

I have Wings of Prey Adger but I haven't really played it much but I know some of the other guys have.

Also Skyrim is 33% off. A lot of great deals there over the holidays.

Edited by Shiloh

Sorry guys if this has been mentioned before but ive just seen Wings on steam for £2.49,could anybody give me some advice on the game,is it any good etc,any info would be greatly apprieciated,also is the expansion pack any good ,many thanks :good:

I personally love that game, especially since all of the patches and updates have added a lot of options for scaling the realism, not to mention some updated flight models. The campaign is ok but the scenery and models are amazing and...most importantly...the AI can be very crafty and deadly. If you like a challenge, be prepared to have your split second reflexes tested. Things change fast at 350+ MPH so you don't get a lot of time to line up your targets.

Here's a couple of videos I made of Wings of Prey action. Search my Hellshade68 youtube site to find more.

Wings of Prey Tactics (5:02) 1080HD

Wings of Prey 8 Spitfire MKIIs vs 1 BF 109E (8:21) 1080HD

Hellshade

It's a fun, arcadey game, but the lack of dedicated servers, I think, is a real handicap.

It's worth it for that price..but I don't play it anymore...cannot stand that useless yuplay

thank you guys for your input,i think for the price its gotta be worth a download,merry christmas to you all :good: ps thanks hellshade il defo take a look at your vids

Edited by Adger1971

It's a fun, arcadey game, but the lack of dedicated servers, I think, is a real handicap.

It's updated to patch 1.0.4.5 or so and that has done a lot to take care of the 'arcade' feel. New FMs and such. The lack of dedicated servers is still an issue though.

Hellshade

any info on the expansion pack hellshade? is it worth a download mate cheers :drinks:

I bought it but never played through it. Word is it's like the campaign that comes with it, just for the german side.

I bought it...It improves the game somewhat

Thanks widow,ive just started downloading,i think il grab the expansion at a later date.many thanks have a good christmas,just goin pop my local for a couple of pints of Abbots :drinks:

I bought it...It improves the game somewhat

Thanks widow,ive just started downloading,i think il grab the expansion at a later date.many thanks have a good christmas,just goin pop my local for a couple of pints of Abbots :drinks:

Lucky you!...I have to go to the Father in Law's....one of the most tedious experiences known to man