Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: WTF do I do here in BF3?

I got Battlefield 3 for Christmas. In the Campaign, at the very begining, you crash through a window in a subway train, grab a handgun from a terrorist you just face kicked and then knock off 3 or 4 terrorists. Done. No problem. Then I get to the end of railcar and there's a shotgun being used to wedge a door shut with a clear icon of the shotgun suggesting that you take it. No matter which "Interact" key I map it too, I can't grab it. Not with a mouse, a keyboard or a joystick. There's no other way in or out of the rail car and the icon of the shotgun is the ONLY thing I see in the entire car that suggests I can do something with it. You can't shoot the door open with the pistol either. Anyone who owns BF3 can give me a heads up on WTF I am supposed to do here?

You HOLD the R key Hellshade.

2m 12sec

Single player pretty pants just join a multiplayer server and enjoy it at it's best that's what I do :)

You crazy lot, alltogether!!! :rofl:

Pol, you've been playing Battlefield III - and I've seen that! :no:

Edited by Olham

Thanks Pol. Silly me didn't think to hold the key designated for RELOADING on a weapon I didn't actually possess yet. Ha. Anyways it works and the game plays awesome. Stunning realism in terms of video fidelity. The rest, of course, is over the top "Michael Bay" stay craziness..but fun. :)

Merry Christmas to all.

Hellshade

I bet no one of you can help me: I'm stuck in "STALKER - Call of Pripyat".

Killed all "Monolith Soldiers" in the bookstore, followed my last order and

investigated the strange Monolith construct, but now I have no markers on my PSD,

no visible goals - and no-one can help me further.

Can you guys?

I bet no one of you can help me: I'm stuck in "STALKER - Call of Pripyat".

Killed all "Monolith Soldiers" in the bookstore, followed my last order and

investigated the strange Monolith construct, but now I have no markers on my PSD,

no visible goals - and no-one can help me further.

Can you guys?

Now that's a shooter I should be trying. I got it ages a ago but gave up when it got a bit hard.

Hope you get through it.

I presume you have the free guide from here. You have to register but worth it.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/stalkercallofpripyat/

Cheers MarkL

Thanks, markl - it's a mix of a shooter and RPG.

I have made a lot of money with various jobs, got a very good combat dress and helmet,

the best assault rifle incl. M203 granade thrower and top notch sniper scope; and a long

range high precision sniper rifle. I had two "assistants", but I prefered to kill 9 Monolith

Soldiers myself, cause I produce less collateral damage that way. My assistants live.

They didn't see much of it.

Four Monolith Soldiers were in a kind of trance prayer, when I opened that last big room.

They were dead, before they could hit me. Maybe that was wrong - they might have told

me something, that could help me to get on.

Thanks for the link - I'll check for answers!

I will take a look Olham when I get back home but if I remember correct go in the room kill all the Monolith and then examine the structure in the centre of the room this then gives you a cut scene... from there its straight forward also it is a beautiful shooter. Though I added the SMRTER Mod to it that gives new weapons and makes it tougher... as insane tough plays around a bit with the monsters (they appear more often) oh and plays a bit with the weapons setup and mods the scenery sky etc... also its a lot tougher did I mention that...

Link is here for the Mod... it is great work.

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/SMRTER_Pripyat;108615

I have examined the structure and got to the cut scene. But after that: nothing.

Back at the base, the commander wasn't there anymore.

No tasks, no quests - nothing.

Thanks for the link, Slarti.

Might be a bug and you may have to run the mission again... not sure though.

I guess I missed to find something. Happened before.

I'll just search all buildings again and and kill everybody with a red target marker.

Yesterday I killed a Chimera. They last a while in normal gunfire, but I remembered

I had those M203 granade thrower. Hit it right in the mouth.

It immediately stopped being so aggressive.

Mmuahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!