Hi Folks,

As the title reads, I have stalled a little on the Tiffie and am thinking whether to release as a beta, mainly because so much still needs tweaking and I'm hoping some folks can pick up the batton, real life and a second HD crash were the causes for my stall (thankfully I had backups) and at the rate I work on these thing it might never make it out the door.

I'm still working on a completely new virtual pit and still have to finish up the skins with bump and AO, the FM and other ini's need some tweaking (like the last time I have hit a bit of a wall on that sort of stuff)

So what do you think? give you guys the beta and I can check in to see what folks think so far and the community can tweak it back into life?

Craig

You think somebody would say no? :grin:

Been drooling over the screenshots for a while now hehe

....THE KRAKEN!!!:grin:

Leave that to "The Scandinavian Front" team, will ya? :rofl:

No :lol::smile:

Of course! :good:

Hi, just D/L'd the beta and got a quick question, are you planning to make it multi-nation, keep it RAF only or release separate Nation versions?

I ask as I've redone the data.ini for an RAF only version (to match the skin) so that the right RAF weapons (Brimstone/StormShadow/PW4 etc) hang on the pylons correctly but I haven't started on Italian/German/Saudi etc versions yet in case it's released as a Multi-Nation version.

Oh and I noticed that the IFR probe is missing but the animation for it is great!

RAF Weapons load piccy (before being fitted to pylons correctly -Centreline way too low, all others slightly too high)

typhoon01.JPG

Cheers................................................IanH

Edited by ianh755

AttachmentPosition=0.547,3.142,-0.59

The last number in Bold is the Z (up/down) height for the attachment position (MF F-14 is shown for this example). The higher the number goes up, lower down in vertical height. All 3D models in the TW sims go by X, Y, and Z coordinates. X is left right in angles (prime example the Super Hornet pylons, or canted wingtip rails), Y is forward and backward from the "0" of the 3D model. It takes some tweaking but after a bit it'll look "just right". Just make sure that the appropriate pylon is edited of course.

Edited by EricJ

Cheers Eric, it'd been awhile since I'd done them on the Tornado pack so the 1st few edits were a bit "extreme" but they're all spot on now (centreline was too far back & mis-angled too).

The only issue I can see now is the rear AMRAAM/Meteor recessed bays where I "think" the A/C model is slightly wrong as it looks to be about 1ft (30cm) too short in the rear half for any of the AMRAAM models we have which makes the top fin on the rear missiles stick up through the skin - Fixed, See EDIT below.

***EDIT***

Used the AMRAAM C-1 Model (smallest one) and moved it about and got it to look "right" in-game (although not true to life) so the fin is now hidden inside the A/ C body.

Edited by ianh755

Good stuff....thanks chaps for getting stuck in and having a tweak...

IanH...the rear section of the missile recess was a particular PITA for me to model, and at least this version has them, I really made an effort to study the aircraft and used the best reference I could find to get as good a shape and dimension but the Typhoon has some very complex structures to model in that regard and I don't think I will be able to improve on it, I am sure the dimensions of the weapons themselves are spot on but the only thing I could think of was to maybe model some Typhoon specifis AMRAM's which were slightly smaller.

Don't worry about it, your models very good when I do a comparison looking my reference pics and it was easily sorted with an data.ini tweak.

Here's the best quality pic I had of the underside - http://files.air-attack.com/MIL/eurofighter/eurofighter_paveway.jpg and it looks like the AMRAAM's may have shorter rear fins but I can't tell for sure.

i have problem with A-A missles

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1