Sign in to follow this  
Olham

First OFF Airfield in Saudi Arabia

Let's welcome the first OFF Forum Member in Saudi Arabia - welcome to this fine community, Abbay.

Enjoy the flying over Flanders fields!

Olham

Abbay, I'm not sure if you drink any alcohol yourself, but the boys here are used

to celebrate every newcomer with a couple of drinks.

Since I don't drink anymore, I will make do with a virtual Warsteiner Pilsener.

Make it large - when I only drink a virtual drink, it should at least be large one.

Welcome Abbay! You have found one of the finest forums on the net so please join right in on the fun! I wouldn't mind sampling your finest local brew.

I do appreciate all of the warm welcomes from a very fine group of virtual and real pilots as yourselves.

All drinks are on the house.... Milk, Juice, Water, etc... I'll tell the doorkeeper to ignore anyone who happens to sneak in other types of drinks.

Let the party begin...

:drinks:

Welcome, Abbay!

You are about to enjoy a flying experience like no other. Make sure you check out the "sticky" notes at the top of the forum pages. There is a weath of information collected up there - a large amount of it from a gent called "Uncleal"

As for me, I'll take tea or some of that fabulous cardamom coffee.

Greetings Abbay..... I will just have a Coca Cola then my good man!

Welcome to the Forum Sir! :salute:

Welcome, Abbay! What other flight sims do you favor in Saudi Arabia? Is this your first WWI? You're going to love this.

:salute: Welcome to the MeatGrinder I have a glass of Milk I wonder which members are fur est West, North , South, and East ?

Okay, what about tea then?

In my homeland Ostfriesland we like a redbrown, malty blend of fine Assam teas.

If you serve me a pot of strong tea, I'll be happy.

Abbay, welcome to the virtual skies over Flanders! Always good to see another country represented in our little crew here. A stout cup of hot coffee for me my good man, and a fresh almond scone if you would be so kind.

Cheers!

Lou

I do appreciate all of the warm welcomes from a very fine group of virtual and real pilots as yourselves.

All drinks are on the house.... Milk, Juice, Water, etc... I'll tell the doorkeeper to ignore anyone who happens to sneak in other types of drinks.

Let the party begin...

Hi Abbay,

Welcome to OFF.

I served in Dhahran for a year during my RAF service.

Welcome aboard, Abbay! Being as it's early morning where I live, I'll have a cup of that devastatingly effective coffee you all make. I got addicted to that stuff during my visit to the Kingdom 20 years ago. One sip of that keeps me going about 36 hours :yikes:

One sip of that keeps me going about 36 hours

...rattling and whistling like an olde steam engine, I suppose? :heat::grin:

Edited by Olham

Can I at leasst make mine a chocolate milk? :grin:

Welcome aboard, Abbay. It's lots of fun and only promises to get better (a promise the devs have delivered on very successfully for several years, now).

...rattling and whistling like an olde steam engine, I suppose? :heat::grin:

Pretty much. That stuff will raise the dead! Have you ever tried that sample I sent you?

Oh yes, I have! (Ghasp!) I thought it was a potion to help you to get through the Sahara by foot.

Or to get a last round of a dying Formula One race car???

:heat:

I still had a kind of black mud on my teeth two days after drinking it, although I brush my teeth

at least twice a day. I admit, I gave it to a friend who like strong coffee.

He was always very lethargic, and diagnosed being depressive. But after a cup of that stuff,

it seemed to fall off of him, and he could move like everybody else.

:rofl:

Edited by Olham

Oh yes, I have! (Ghasp!) I thought it was a potion to help you to get through the Sahara by foot.

Or to get a last round of a dying Formula One race car???:heat:

Well, you've got my respect for trying it even after my warnings. In my native Texas, we pride ourselves on being able to float a horseshoe on our coffee. In my ancestral Lousy Anna, they think the coffee's weak if the floating horseshoe doesn't dissolve within 30 seconds. But in Saudi Arabia, it's not good coffee unless a Polynesian fire-walker dissolves in it after only 1 step :cool:

But in Saudi Arabia, it's not good coffee unless a Polynesian fire-walker dissolves in it after only 1 step :cool:

LOL. I nearly fell off my chair when I read that.

The coffee you may be refferring to may be the turkish coffe where it's served in a 4 oz cup and half is the grinded coffee beans and half is the liquid - it's very potent stuff. The traditional Saudi coffee is made from either, unroasted/lightly roasted coffee beans (greenish/light brown), wheat or barley with a bit of cardamum and maybe cinnimon added for flavor and served with dates (probably to offset the bitterness).

Maybe kind of survival training there - like: when you can drink this and keep it inside yer,

then the deserts are no more than just a cakewalk in the sunshine?

:cool:

The coffee you may be refferring to may be the turkish coffe where it's served in a 4 oz cup and half is the grinded coffee beans and half is the liquid - it's very potent stuff. The traditional Saudi coffee is made from either, unroasted/lightly roasted coffee beans (greenish/light brown), wheat or barley with a bit of cardamum and maybe cinnimon added for flavor and served with dates (probably to offset the bitterness).

I never knew that. Every Saudi I met was brewing and drinking the dark, gritty stuff (and they even taught me how to brew it myself), so I assumed that must be the Saudi recipe, but you're saying it's actually Turkish. Oh well, I learn something new every day. Still, whatever you call it, I like it, even the grittiness (which I assume is from the ashes of the Polynesian firewalker :lol: ). I look forward to trying that traditional Saudi recipe.