EF-2000 typhoon beta for SF 2 series

EF-2000 typhoon beta for SF 2 series

Typhoon beta for SF2 series....

These folders go into the relevant directories in the C:/users/xxx/saved

games/ThirdWire........

This is very very beta at the moment so bare that in mind before asking

too many questions or complaining :)

I have released this for some community evaluation and to get some

general help with tweaking, give it a go and see what you think.

it has a 'what if' 74 squadron tigers skin for now and is using my

original pit from the first typhoon, also the HUD symbology has 2 shades

of green...this is from some testing I did and I havent bothered to

revert to just 1 shade so it's not a bug, the HUD is formatted to the WIP

pit so it will overlap the current one.

still WIP is a brand new pit which will use the new eye candy like bump

and specular.....

enjoy

Craig

Ive noticed rear of front gear doors,a piece missing when the gears up m8

Ive noticed rear of front gear doors,a piece missing when the gears up m8

Thats actually how it is on the real thing.......not sure why they did it.

Refuelling probe is missing. Anyway is a huge improvement from the previous version. Even in flight characteristic. (g load excluded).

Still very, very nice plane. Thanks Bongodriver!

Refuelling probe is missing. Anyway is a huge improvement from the previous version. Even in flight characteristic. (g load excluded).

Still very, very nice plane. Thanks Bongodriver!

Thanks, yes the probe is still being built, only the doors and animations for now, may or may not decide to keep this because it might be nice to have something that is actually implemented in game instead, anything related to the 3d model you find you can take as already noted, I'm more intersted in getting the feedback with regards to FM and avionics etc...so could you elaborate on the g load....

I've not been too keen to practice A2A refueling for that reason alone. No sense in practicing when nothing happens. But if it does finally get implemented...

I managed to squeeze in a few mins yesterday...

First of the model is...I mean really...incredibly beautifull :drinks:

The FM itself is quite good

- it supercruises nicely

- it's not twitching with wing leveler which is great

- it can be over-G'ed(not as much as the old one which I could pump over 20G's, with this one I managed about 13-15G and that was intentional, when I'm not trying to pull it to the max it behaves normally), I believe that's what Spillone is refering to but as Fubar showed me few weeks ago, that's an easy fix

Overall, this is more of a RC than a beta, it's really awsome :good:

It'll still hit 19-23g at Mid level (10k-30kft) on burners (around 1.2 to 2.1 Mach) with an intentional hard pull up but thats pretty extreme handling TBH (and in 1 case of 23g it ripped the right wing off!). On Supercruise flying I can't get it over 14G and with sensible flying it's a great FM with no wing wobble etc.

overg10.JPG

Thanks guys...this is good feedback, it is almost encourageing me to think I'm not bad at getting to grips with the FM thingy, I have been trying to build a level of instability to give the manouverability, but the g limit thing is something I tried to counter with....a 'g limiter', if you look in the .ini you will see it, what I tried to get was an effect with the canards where they reduce the pitching moment upon reaching a certain 'g'

Brain32....an RC....thanks, that is very flattering...but a very beta it is, everything is only just over half complete IMO, still learning new tricks and there is a complete new pit to come.

Thanks again guys

Many thanks! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

... very beautiful mod!!! :good:

Waiting for next steps... :drinks:

Coupi :bye:

Flies great!

I had some graphic problems... I have no seat textures. I've put the pilot seat inside Objects/Pilots/ folder, is it right?

I have also a strange "white bar" in front of the plane:

y5z6h.jpg

d7mqc.jpg

Thank you for your work. Can't wait to see the new pit... :good:

I think the white object is a part that I forgot to link in the max file, I am surprised you have no textures on the seat......don't know whats happened there.

Works fine in my install - no white bar and seat has texture.

Works fine in my install - no white bar and seat has texture.

Just to be sure: Typhoon folder goes to /objects/Aircraft/, the other 2 folders to /Objects/Pilots/ right?

If it's useful, I'm using a SF2 Europe Install, november'11 updated, Windows 7 64 bits and Nvidia GeForce 6150SE.

Yes, that’s the way and it’s working right in my install. :grin:

In my opinion it’s superb :good: , the 3d is Amazing and the only thing I’m missing is the IRST Pirate.

The flight model is fantastic in normal mode, but flying in hard between mach 1.03 to 1.06 I have terrible vibrations ending in explosion I don’t know why :dntknw: , but it’s difficult to reproduce because this is sporadic when I’m returning from a long mission without armament. As I said this happens sometimes.

Thanks a lot for this beatiful mod. :drinks:

...And sorry for my english :sorry:

Edited by delrey

Just to be sure: Typhoon folder goes to /objects/Aircraft/, the other 2 folders to /Objects/Pilots/ right?

If it's useful, I'm using a SF2 Europe Install, november'11 updated, Windows 7 64 bits and Nvidia GeForce 6150SE.

Yes, that's correct.

My PC confuguration is similar, well in fact I am using an older Nvidia GeForce card, can't remember the series though.

for some reason it isn't working for me :sad: I see no cockpit, no external model, nothing, simulation stands still. The Gen1 Typhoon for SF2 conversion by Brain32 works fine, tested minutes ago :dntknw:

edit

oh my bad... I'm on May2010 patch level for time being , might be that

Edited by Stary

After a couple of tests :pilotfly: I know what’s happening :cool: :

When I return from a mission :flyer: , hard flight mode, without fuel in externals tanks but internals almost full, with or without load, at speed around mach 1 the airplane start to vibrate, if I accelerated the time x8, when I try to return to normal time the aircraft tilt down so violently that it’s broke in pieces. :shok:

Otherwise the behavior is perfect. :sohappy:

Again, sorry for my bad english.

Hello, all.

HUD Symbology for A-A radar targets is nonexistant when I target aircraft with BVR weapons...

...what's up with that? :dntknw:

SidDogg

Hello, all.

HUD Symbology for A-A radar targets is nonexistant when I target aircraft with BVR weapons...

...what's up with that? :dntknw:

SidDogg

I think I know whats up......put this HUD folder onside the cockpit folder, let me know if it works.

for some reason it isn't working for me :sad: I see no cockpit, no external model, nothing, simulation stands still. The Gen1 Typhoon for SF2 conversion by Brain32 works fine, tested minutes ago :dntknw:

edit

oh my bad... I'm on May2010 patch level for time being , might be that

Did you patch it?.........if so does it work now?

HUD.zip

Edited by Bongodriver

Did you patch it?.........if so does it work now?

I'm staying on this patch level until SF2NA cames out :sorry:

Continuing my "research", I've displaced the seat in the data.ini file and discovered that the seat has indeed texture, the white shadow is another thing:

cbunh.jpg

Can't say anymore because I'm not into moding and/or 3D modelling and don't know the reason of this, but hope this helps to find a solution.

Thanks again.

Edited by FERdeBOER

Continuing my "research", I've displaced the seat in the data.ini file and discovered that the seat has indeed texture, the white shadow is another thing:

cbunh.jpg

Can't say anymore because I'm not into moding and/or 3D modelling and don't know the reason of this, but hope this helps to find a solution.

Thanks again.

I can't help feeling that the 'white' shadow prob must be a problem that manifests on an individual basis, wether it's hardware of software I can't tell, it's not likely a problem I can fix unless I get the same problem on my machine, I seem to recall this might have come up with my SF1 typhoon.....anybody remember what was going on?

I can't help feeling that the 'white' shadow prob must be a problem that manifests on an individual basis, wether it's hardware of software I can't tell, it's not likely a problem I can fix unless I get the same problem on my machine, I seem to recall this might have come up with my SF1 typhoon.....anybody remember what was going on?

I don't know. If it serves, I used the other Typhoon add-on for SF2 and works well. I have no problems also with a lot of other planes I tried. :dunno:

I will try later to install it on my laptop to see if happens the same or not...