Sign in to follow this  
Intermaus

Moving mod folders

Hi guys !

Is it possible to move the mod folders from the Saved Games folder to another folder on a different drive ? I got WIN 7.

If yes, what do i need to change and/or edit in the game system ?

My problem is that i have not enough place on drive C.

Thank you !

Intermaus

Yeap no problem! This may not be the quickest way but here's what I did -

1. Copy your current SF2 folder from your Saved Games folder and paste it on your new hard drive (i.e E:\SF2 or what ever letter your Hard drive is, I'll use E:\ as an example)

2. Open your original SF2 folder in Saved Games and delete everything EXCEPT "Options.ini" and if it's there "Version.ini" (not 100% on the version file but better safe than sorry).

3. Open Options.ini and scroll to the bottom, change the last two lines (which are the location of the Mod folder and Screenshots) to the hard drive where your new mod folder is i.e

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\ThirdWire\SF2 Europe

Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]

Directory=C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\ThirdWire\SF2 Europe\ScreenShots

Format=JPG

becomes

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=E:\SF2 Europe

Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]

Directory=E:\SF2 Europe\ScreenShots

Format=JPG

4. Finally delete the "Options.ini" from your new Mod Folder on the new Hard Drive.

Then start a game and make sure everything works. The longest part is copying the mod folder over at the start if it's got lots of extra mods added.

Edited by ianh755
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I moved all of my SF2 games to another drive too, the only difference is I created the exact same location on the other drive so all I had to do was change Directory locations, example: "Directory=C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\ThirdWire\SF2 Europe" to "Directory=E:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\ThirdWire\SF2 Europe". Makes it a lot simpler that way.:grin:

Thanx guys !

It works now on the first way. The second way is good too. :good: