Sign in to follow this  
Padre

Known field modifcations

Okay, I'll fess up.

The purpose of my previous post regarding MaxFuel in the F-100D has to do with selfishly adding Ammo Space, 200rds/gun; i would think an additional 800 HE-I M56A3 at +1to+5 (assuming the pilot is station 0)station would realistically require lightening the Aft to Mid Nose section of any of the proposed Aircraft (F-100d, F-86-40, A-4E<). But then again, maybe Im completely off base.

I mean why not...it's not like I'm going to be held up because of some multi-player ini check, :rofl:

Are some old timers from the era around; or fine researches that have come across some records of various Aircraft field modifications that can justify my inability to hit anything at a higher resolution, or, perhaps, genuine improvements like better missiles, etc and so on...

Anyone?

Ammo capacity is not always a simple matter of weight, it's mainly one of space for the belted ammo. There really is no room for any more on that bird, nor do the internals allow for the fitting of, say, an M61 Vulcan with its generous magazine capacity.

Fubar,

You just don't want me to have any fun.

What if I make the forward Fuel tank smaller, or remove it all together?, have welder will modify...?

(of course I realise 200 gallons is a lot of fuel to get rid of.)

I'll also throw in some of our quality virtual NE Texas Hard Blackberry Cider.

Hmm...

The RL solution would have been quite simple: Gunpods

...Gunpods...

Plural...a pair; Nice. But I'm not sure they had even thought about Gunpods in late '50s.

I'll look into it.

If you want more gun ammo. Why don't you turn down the setting in difficulty?? Hard = real amount and normal= Real amount x 2

But I'm not sure they had even thought about Gunpods in late '50s.

No, they didn't....the Lufwaffe, RAF, and the USAAF was using them during WW2 :grin:

No, they didn't....the Lufwaffe, RAF, and the USAAF was using them during WW2 :grin:

(rubbing hands in delight)...now, where's that hanger with old Dhimar WWII surplus...

:drinks:

thanks.