Hello, Folks.

Quick Question.

In _DATA.INI's...

How DO lift devices measure AUTOMATIC_AERODYNAMIC_LOAD? :dntknw:

Just curious.

SidDogg

so, you mean meters of airflow?

or is it somehow related to wing loading?

SidDogg

Sorry, apparent (indicated) airspeed in meters per second.

Edited by Fubar512

...hmmm.

that's funny.

is there any way in SF to make this so that the flaps don't pop ALL THE WAY out when you are in a dogfight maneuvering and you're doing about 0.8 Mach? :minigun:

IRL I KNOW combat flaps only go to about 10 degrees at those speeds...

...just saying :dntknw:

SidDogg

AFAIK, one can only apply one set of opening parameters per surface. The parameters are (off the top of my head), automatic_mach, automatic_aerodynamic_load, automatic_g_loading, and automatic_angle_of_attack.

If this is for the MF 'bug, I can tell you that its FM is way out of date. I showed Brain32 a little halfassed fix for it, but it really deserves better.

is there any way in SF to make this so that the flaps don't pop ALL THE WAY out when you are in a dogfight maneuvering and you're doing about 0.8 Mach?

IRL I KNOW combat flaps only go to about 10 degrees at those speeds...

SidDogg

Duh! That's what happens when you get up in the middle of the night and start answering questions....part (if not most) of one's brain behaves as if it's still asleep.. :grin:

Easy solution :idea: , add another step to the table, so the flaps are only open 10 degrees, if using one of the airspeed load tables.

If using a G-driven table, either max it out at 10 degrees, or write up a cldc mach-table reducing the lift (or in this case, downforce) generated by the offending surfaces above mach 0.7 :good:

Edited by Fubar512
partially awake!

well! :shok:

i certainly apologize for waking you, sir.

i am without manners at the moment :sorry:

SidDogg

I think there is also AUTOMATIC_SPEED. I playing around with Bug and made working flaps in double mode - automatic and manual.

thanks God for OUT file

Im still not sure about values, in automatic mode work only inner flaps and they move to the max 20 degrees. This mode is used in normal flight.

In manual mode inner and outer (flaperons) move to the max 45 degrees. 45 deegrees set is used to the landing, 30 degrees to the take off.

img00039-1.jpg

img00048.jpg

Edited by ArturR

I think there is also AUTOMATIC_SPEED. I playing around with Bug and made working flaps in double mode - automatic and manual.

thanks God for OUT file

Im still not sure about values, in automatic mode work only inner flaps and they move to the max 20 degrees. This mode is used in normal flight.

In manual mode inner and outer (flaperons) move to the max 45 degrees. 45 deegrees set is used to the landing, 30 degrees to the take off.

img00039-1.jpg

img00048.jpg

...That, sir, is what I have been looking to do for the LONGEST time!!!!!

I have played with it also in the past, but to no avail.

How is that accomplished?

SidDogg

Automatic_speed deploys them irregardless of AoA or Load...so you'll have flaps and slats deployed in level flight for no reason at all.

In RL, the 'bugs flap settings are determined by the FCC, in this order (and please feel free to correct me, Sid) AoA, roll rate, G-load, air speed, and finally, gear deployment. The closest we have is to that automatic_aerodynamic_load.

How is that accomplished?

SidDogg

Dancing with 'NODE's' model or whatever these things are called :grin:

Fubar you're right about automatic_speed I mentioned this because TK used this deployment method in F-16.

...That does sound correct.

I guess I just wish it wasn't so intense :haha:

I'll work with it some...

Ya'll have a great new year!

SidDogg

Well FM in general is some kind black magic for me :lol: not to mention how this all crazy things like flaps works in RL bug :lol: I need to do some more reaserch.