Sign in to follow this  
Sledge

USAF compatible with Windows XP pro?

Got a new 'puter recently and can't get USAF to run on it! Anyone else had issues with op sytem or hardware? I'm running a pentium 4 2.8g with radeon 9700, 515meg ram. If it's win XP, is there some kind of fix for it? Thanks-Sledge

Guest Ranger332

Iam using win xp home and it works fine for me try getting some of the superpro addons

Thanks Ranger! I'll go check it out. It ran great on my old win98 550 mhz AMD k6, so I never bothered to get any other stuff for the game except to patch it to 1.02F. I guess there are still some USAF fans out there. Thanks again!-Sledge

Well, I got the super pro USAF update and I still can't get USAF to run! It'll go to the quick mission builder page and then when I try to click on something, like selecting the aircraft, nothing happens! This is very strange, thats what it was doing before too. Anyone else have this problem with Win XPpro? Thanks!-Sledge

Guest Ranger332

did you install to the USAF file of make a seperate file??

Yeah, I installed it like it said to do, renaming the original usaf file to usaf2, and moved the sound and texture files and all. I'm starting to think this might be a Radeon 9700 card issue or something. Alot of games would'nt run before I got the first drivers for the thing. Maybe there are some issues with it still.-Sledge

Well, just installed the latest drivers for my Radeon 9700... No change. It seems none of the pull down menus will work. Can't select an aircraft in quick mission, and if I go to single mission I CAN select a mission, but the the program asks me to insert the USAF disk#1 when it IS in the drive already! Then, I get a ctd when I try to run it again! AAAAAARG!!! :evil:

i am having the same problem with win 2000, but then again xp and 200 use the same kernel....does anyone have any suggestions???

I'm running xp home and beta testing the Super Pro 9.2 for Slikk, The only missions that are available in the SP9 are ume missions,this will change in the SP9.2. UME missions can be found on our site.

Check my Admin info page on our site,for info on running xp and USAF.

BSLogo1.jpg

Guest Ranger332

dont know and cant look it up right here but it works if posted as instructed.

Will the 8.4adv is a different Admin ini then the 8.4.

If your flying online with others the 2 different admin won't connect you'll get a CTD.

arrows2.JPG

I get the same problem, none of the pulldown menus work.

My specs are :

Tbird 900

radeon 8500 128mb le

384mb pc100 ram

Win Xp pro SP1

SB live value

the last time i heard that some1 is working on a XP fix

for USAF

all is in the news of Fighter Town

lets all hope that he will successed