Doing the stock Linebacker I campaign the amount of SA2 is amazing!

I've mostly plastered all the migs and they don't show up anymore, so now all I get is strike missions, but SAMs continue to harass me and friendly flights. So I often use remaining ordnance to take out a few extra Fan Songs.

Question is does that help with reducing amount of SAMs? Or does it just generally reduce the amount of ground vehicles... or maybe it has no effect at all

Sorry if it's a newbie Q, I've done some research but hasn't quite figured out how the campaign system works yet..

Edited by skwabie

Should do - but depends - if you destroy a SAM site and then your next mission after that is a week later then it will probably be there again.

AFAIK the game-engine keeps track of destroyed objects. Like a bridge you dropped could still be down next time you fly over it.

I think the repairtime varilable (in the terrain_types.ini) would determine how long the object will take to repair.

Edited by PureBlue

Good to know guys thanks.

The dynamic nature of campaign is quite nice indeed, but the user interface is not very straightforward like falcon so it's kinda hard to know it without deeper looks/experience it seems...

Think i'll keep at it for now.

I try and go after the radars, instead of the missiles themselves. That seemed to reduce some of the activity since they are harder to replace.

-S

Storm his right if you take out the radars the sams launcher wont fire then you only to watch for AAA

wend i in a sead mission i always go for for radars frist.

Edited by cocas