Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Yo!

Hey guys, hope you had a good xmas and stuff. What did santa bring? :D

I've seen the latest P4 preview on Youtube and what with RoF taking forever to come close to P3's fullness I want MOAR! Problem is I only stopped flying P3 because I finally had to upgrade my PC and had no choice really but to go 64-bit and quad-core and remembered how badly P3 performed on my old Q6600, which resulted in switching to an E8400 dual-core for smoothness etc.

So the question is this, have the guys (Pol etc) been able to do anything with CFS' core code to allow it to handle 64-bit and quad-core CPUs with P4? :)

Welcome back, Siggi. :drinks:

It was a long time since I saw your last post.

But the good son always return home. :good:

Hey guys, hope you had a good xmas and stuff. What did santa bring? :D

I've seen the latest P4 preview on Youtube and what with RoF taking forever to come close to P3's fullness I want MOAR! Problem is I only stopped flying P3 because I finally had to upgrade my PC and had no choice really but to go 64-bit and quad-core and remembered how badly P3 performed on my old Q6600, which resulted in switching to an E8400 dual-core for smoothness etc.

So the question is this, have the guys (Pol etc) been able to do anything with CFS' core code to allow it to handle 64-bit and quad-core CPUs with P4? :)

Hi Siggi,

I'm running P3 with a Quad core CPU and Win7 64 bit - no problems and through a 47 inch TV flat screen.

Also I've not needed to play around with assigning a single core (affinity settings) to run P3.

We've yet to test P4 but I don't think you'll have a problem.

Edited by sandbagger

I'm using a quad core i7 975, Win7 64, ATI 6970 and I get between 55 and 60 FPS with OFF's setting of 5-5-3-4-5-5. So if that is not good enough for you, I do not know what is !!!

Ello :drinks:

Alright geezer! :drinks:

Dare I ask...forgive me, I've been away so long...any rough idea when P4 is due to land? :suicide2:

Welcome back! :drinks:

In my case, OFF works better on Win 7 64 bit than it did on my XP machine. I don't have to use any special settings to make it work well.

Well Siggi...were hoping for 2012!...thats the best we have at present :grin:

SIGGI! My God man, I thought you'd gone west. Great to see you back in camp Sir, and your bunk is just how you left it, (much to the dismay of your hut mates).

Let me buy you a drink and toast your return.

:drinks:

SIGGI! My God man, I thought you'd gone west. Great to see you back in camp Sir, and your bunk is just how you left it, (much to the dismay of your hut mates).

Let me buy you a drink and toast your return.

:drinks:

Cheers!

Didn't my batman wash my sheets? I'll thrash the bugger when I find him.

The race is on...P4 or the apocalypse first? :grin:

The race is on...P4 or the apocalypse first? :grin:

KABOOM! :heat:

I don't know where this 2012 apocalypse idea has come from, (well, I've a hunch it's coming from folks looking to sell papers, books, air time, and end-of-days products). Nostradamus didn't predict any such thing, but rather the last great war followed by 5,000 years of peace, after which time the world would end. The Mayan calendar is actually three calendars in one, with the 'Long Count' simply starting over on 21 Dec 2012, (or possibly 23 Dec 2012), to record the next epoch; but again nothing about the world ending. So actually, using the real intent of the Mayan calendar, the next epoch could be, "The Age of P4 - OFF2". Has a nice ring to it, don't you think? grin.gif

I don't know where this 2012 apocalypse idea has come from, (well, I've a hunch it's coming from folks looking to sell papers, books, air time, and end-of-days products). Nostradamus didn't predict any such thing, but rather the last great war followed by 5,000 years of peace, after which time the world would end. The Mayan calendar is actually three calendars in one, with the 'Long Count' simply starting over on 21 Dec 2012, (or possibly 23 Dec 2012), to record the next epoch; but again nothing about the world ending. So actually, using the real intent of the Mayan calendar, the next epoch could be, "The Age of P4 - OFF2". Has a nice ring to it, don't you think? grin.gif

I've read that there are fragments of Mayan stuff refering to an event of some kind that ties in with the end of their calander. "OFF2" chiselled in granite though...? :grin:

Cheers!

Didn't my batman wash my sheets? I'll thrash the bugger when I find him.

Yeah I think he did, but he may have crapped in your foxhole!