Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

A question regarding the F-15 Superpack

Dear All,

I have a question regarding the F-15 Superpack for SF2 (http://combatace.com/files/file/10443-f-15-super-pack-version-24/) : Which flight model difficulty is it designed for? I'm asking because i can't seem to turn fast enough to evade enemy missiles. I fly on normal difficulty on a merged copy of SF2: Europe Israel & Vietnam patched to November 2011... could someone help me out on this? thanks.

P.S. Don't get me wrong this ISN'T a complaint. Thanks again

Which F-15 and what's your loadout?

Also, how fast were you going? Corner speed at 500mph is about like a bombers, after you bleed speed down you'll be able to turn much tighter.

Which F-15 and what's your loadout?

Also, how fast were you going? Corner speed at 500mph is about like a bombers, after you bleed speed down you'll be able to turn much tighter.

I usually fly the F-15C's & the F-15E's with a loadout of 4 AMRAAMs under the fuselage & 4 sidewinders under the wing.... speed is about 900 kph...

How much gas you got in the bird? The F-15, especially with FAST packs can carry a lot of gas, which equates to a lot of weight, and that's gonna tax your performance (in exchange for range). At the merge, I try to have about 60% or as close to that as possible.

EDIT: IIRC, the F-15's best corner velocity was around 385KIAS back in the days of the F-15A (probably also thanks to its lower g-limit). With 9g avail, it might be a bit higher, but 900 kph IAS is close to 500 KIAS, and that's a bit fast for hard turns (you got the g, but not the rate).

Edited by Caesar

Hi Caesar, thanks for the info.... one more question though:

Does your reference to the FAST packs only apply to the detachable CFT's on the F-15C/D or also to the integral CFT's on the F-15E as well? Thanks

Edited by SkyStrike

Both. The CFTs on the F-15E were available for the F-15C just as they are in game, but I rarely see footage of them installed on the C; I wasn't sure if you were flying with those on or not. They add more than 10,600 pounds to the basic airframe (with fuel), so your Eagle isn't going to be as nimble with them as without 'em. It will fly really friggin' far, though!

Yeah, also the gun piper seems to be higher than where the bullets actually land... I think the flight model of TK's F-15A was perfect, any chance that FM could be annexed to the F-15 super pack?drinks.gif