Sign in to follow this  
CWMV

Maxing out graphics and visuals

I'm curious what maxed out graphics settings look like for SF2.

My current rig is an i7 2600K/GTX580SC/8gig powered PC I built for CoD. It was a poor investment in that CoD is the absolute definition of epic failure, but it does run everything else rather nicely.

Currently my graphics settings under options are thus:

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1920

DisplayHeight=1080

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.777778

AntiAliasing=2

ForceDX9=FALSE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

LensFlare=0

DetailLevel=2

ObjectDetail=2

ObjectTexture=2

CockpitTexture=2

CockpitMirrors=1

CockpitReflection=1

EffectsDetail=2

TerrainDetail=2

TerrainTexture=2

HorizonDistance=2

GroundObjectDensity=2

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=2

ObjectsFade=TRUE

Now is it like IL2's conf.ini in that you can tune these to get much better graphics than the in game settings will allow? What are the min and max for these lines? Ive noticed that with AA it doesn't seem to do much over 4x.

Thanks all.

All of those settings can be adjusted in game (cept the AntiAliasing), just launch game goto options, graphics, customize, and put every thing on unlimited.

AntiAliasing= change be increased, I've seen people run it a lot higher than "2". (try 8, then 16)

I'd Also Bump AntiStropicFiltering in the nVidia Control Panel to at least 16x.

Will the changes made in nvidia control panel effect the game? AA didn't seem to so I assumed that the others wouldn't have any effect either.

So there really isn't any benefit to adjusting these lines manually rather than using the in game settings other than the AA?

Will the changes made in nvidia control panel effect the game? AA didn't seem to so I assumed that the others wouldn't have any effect either.

So there really isn't any benefit to adjusting these lines manually rather than using the in game settings other than the AA?

AntiAliasing is App-Controlled, you have to change the value in the INI.

All of those settings can be adjusted in game (cept the AntiAliasing), just launch game goto options, graphics, customize, and put every thing on unlimited.

AntiAliasing= change be increased, I've seen people run it a lot higher than "2". (try 8, then 16)

I'd Also Bump AntiStropicFiltering in the nVidia Control Panel to at least 16x.

FX570.jpg

Thanks for the tip, as you can see the FX 570 is not that weak, i just set the Antialiasing to 32 and will see if i get any significant fall in frame rates...

---

Edited by dare2