Sign in to follow this  
Rugbyfan1972

Correct installation order for HPW Damage mod 1.25, HPW Rear Guns, bletchleys sector mods and 33Lma's AI Empty weight mod?

All,

I am looking for some help in the correct location to install JSGME for both HPW Rear Guns mod, currently in C:\OBDsoftware\mods and JSGME for bletchley's mods during the war (quiet sector, active sector etc., HPW Damage mod 1.25 and 33Lima's AI empty weight mod all of the above from bletchleys onward are currently in C:\OBDsoftware\cfsww1overflandersfields\mods.

The order I have them installed is as follows:

HPW rearguns in C:\OBDsoftware running in its own install of JSGME.

Bletchlelys sector mods (currently running Jan-April 1917 active as I am in a 56 squadron campaign in april 1917 in france running in C:\OBDsoftware\cfsww1overflandersfields\mods - in the JSGME install in that directory

33 LIMA's AI Empty weight mod running in C:\OBDsoftware\cfsww1overflandersfields\mods - in the JSGME install in that directory

HPW Damage mod 1.25 running in C:\OBDsoftware\cfsww1overflandersfields\mods - in the JSGME install in that directory

I am unsure if the above mods are working correctly or are in the correct order to run correctly, also do I need both instances of JSGME running when I start the game or is just activating the mods sufficient and I can not bother opening JSGME each time I play the game?

Your help is much appreciated.

You don't need to have JSGME running - just enable the mods, and close JSGME when done. Enabling the mods just means JSGME copies across the mods files from its folder in the JSGME-created MOD folder to the equivalent folder in the main game, having taken a backup which is re-applied if you disable the mod.

The only thing that could make a mod not work (except a clash with another mod, trying to change the same files), is if it's not installed right into JSGME in the first place - when you install the mod into JSGME, all will be well provided you use the correct folder structure, which should be a mirror-image of the game folder structure eg if the mod is applying a modified version of the plane's Aircraft.cfg file, that files goes into OBD software/CFSWW1 OFF/Aircraft; so the mod goes into OBD software/CFSWW1/MODS/[the mod's name]/Aircraft.

The above install orderlooks fine do me - none of the mods clash anyway so I don't think the order you enable them matters. HPW's earlier FLIGHT MODEL mods (not damage models) clash with the empty weight mod (because both modify flight settings). HPW's latest FM mod is compatible with the AI Empty Weight Mod BUT you have to enable the latter before the FM mod.

And Rugbyfan wins the longest thread title of 2011/12 :grin:

• Like 1

And Rugbyfan wins the longest thread title of 2011/12 :grin:

UKW,

Maybe they should limit the number of characters in the thread title bar. :grin:

You have the correct installation, Rugbyfan.

All of my mods, with the exception of the front-gun and rear-gun mods, belong in the C:\OBDsoftware\cfsww1overflandersfields\mods folder.

The gun mods belong in the C:\OBDsoftware\mods folder.

This is okay because JSGME can have multiple installs, even in the same game.

You do have to separetely activate each mod in the different mods folders, but once activated, you don't have to do anything to them unless you want to deactivate them.