Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

MS Flight Demo to be released Spring 2012

I have a BAD feeling about this!...Looks a little XBox to me!

The way I heard it, they aint even calling it a Demo. They try to say its a "Free" version where only Hawaii is avalible, and if you register the game with Games for Windows, you get the Steerman as well. (I look forward to that one, I am a big JAG fan :D)

Apparently all the attempts to register for the beta that ended with the Error (something about nominating yourself) got through?, as apparently I have 5 Surveys for Flight on File and they already "Have my Application"

So who is actually developing this game? Because I know the ACES team responsible for the MSFS series was disbanded shortly after FSX was released in 2006. I'm thinking it's Microsoft game studios but hmmm...

I don't know what exactly they're trying to do with this. On one hand they appear to be appealing to a broader audience than MSFS had, but on the other they seem to be abandoning that core audience which made up their sales in the past. You can't reject 80% of your previous customer base in the hopes that the other 20% will not only become 100% but even more than that, can you?

Well, apparently they re-employed several of the top fsx team to build this...but, I bet they have been given strict instruction to produce a game, rather than a Sim (I hope Im wrong)

well thats not good news for the late morning

Maybe people should spend more time actually researching things before going of on a kneejerk-nerdrage-grognard-rampage?

The plan was to turn the wonder of flight into a piece of software that will appeal to anyone at all interested in aviation, not just the hardcore simmers. The faithful Flight Simmers don’t like that it is referred to as a game, but dropping the word ‘Simulator’ helps open the product up to new people.

Working to expand your audience = dumbed down arcade game. Right.

The game will be free, and will offer more content to those that use the Games for Windows Live feature, and those willing to pay small fees for new aircraft, mission packs etc.

Ah, the RoF route.

There will be no scenery development kit and hence no user created content.

And there the game DIED. Did they miss completly that it was mods and payware aircraft that made FS series what it was?

At launch, not everyone will have the opportunity to fly where they are. The team has decided to not try and make the whole world this time. They feel that doing smaller areas at greater quality is more worth while. As such, the current game world is just the Island of Hawaii.

...so I will not be able to fly over Stockholm, and probably will have to pay for the pleasure? Gee, thanks.

I'll bet the lives of 1 billion people, take your pick, that this will not be just MSFS 11 with the word "sim" dropped from the title.

I'm staying back from this game for quite some time. MS screwed the FSX buyers by not completing the game and patching it to work properly with DX10. Instead, it flashes and half the animations don't work.

I'll be waiting to see how the reviews pan out, before trusting MS and their new game.

-S