I have been searching my mod folder like crazy looking to find where to put tracertexture.tga files from the AVHistory WW2 Gun file. Can anybody tell me where I am to place the tracer tga files? Thank you

I have been searching my mod folder like crazy looking to find where to put tracertexture.tga files from the AVHistory WW2 Gun file. Can anybody tell me where I am to place the tracer tga files? Thank you

In the objects folder.

objects folder in general or one of the sub folders? The reason I asked is that with the tracer.tgs in objects no change to ndicki spitfires.

I seem to remember that thay go in the flight folder, Other Tga's had to go there to work. (F-4_tiseo,F-4_tiseo2). Just Tried It ,Painted the Tracers Blue , Fubar512 Is correct they go in the objects folder itself. Moded's ones have to have the same names as the one's in the Cat, I beleve.

Edited by RAVEN

Modded's ones have to have the same names as the one's in the Cat, I beleve.

Not at all. They simply have to match what's in the gundata for the weapon you want to associate them with. You can name them "Ratdroppings.tga", and they will work, as long as they are declared that way in the gundata.ini for that specific wep.

For example:

[GunData001]

TypeName=30MM_GSH630

FullName=30mm GSH 6-30 Rotary Cannon

Caliber=30.000000

ROF=5000.000000

MuzzleVel=850.000000

AmmoWt=0.389000

WarheadWt=0.047700

Reliability=97.000000

Accuracy=95.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=1300.000000

FireColor=0.270000,0.400000,0.400000

GunFireEffect=30mmFireEffect

GunFireSound=CIWS

EffectClassName=30mmEffects

EffectTime=0.180000

TracerTexture=Ratdroppings.tga

TracerSize=0.030000

TracerDistFactor=0.003000

TracerLength=0.036000

MaxVisibleDist=5000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=2500.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

That changes the whole meaning of ,Rat Tat Tat Machinegun. :minigun:

Thank you for all your help Raven is correct just the objects folder. I did find that the WW2 AVHistory Gun Files and the spitfire models had some issues. First the gundata files say FALSE for Light Source when it should be TRUE, Second the add Light block was not checked on a number of the machine gums. The Spitfire data files for internal guns had to be changed from Secondary guns to Primary. I now need to figure out why the effects is shown in just blocks of color no flashes like the 20mm hispano cannon. I think I need the LMGFireEffects file but not sure. One of the loves of this game to investigating problems, discussing it with friends and then just do it your way...........just kidding. I appreciate all the help received each time that is what makes this site so good.

Semper Fi

Thank you for all your help Raven is correct just the objects folder.

Ya think?

my deepest apologies for not payine more attention to the header strips.

:heat:Thank you Fubar512