Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Do we have a "Decorum Editor"?

A few postings ago, I used the term "patriotic bulls**t". As I posted the text, I noticed that both the 'h' and 'i' had changed to asterisks. 'How curious', I thought and I hit the Edit button and restored them. After re-posting, the asterisks were still there. I notice in the "What's German for Kiss My A**', dollar signs were used, though this may have been done by choice. However; It does appears there's an automatic function that softens our language. Not so?

Yes, there is a profanity filter in use here. It doesn't replace text, that would require a manual edit, usually from a moderator. It acts like your standard language filter.

.... but every time you swear a kitten still dies. :grin:

It has been moderated now - be careful people in what you type.

Edited by sandbagger
profanity

Yes, there is a profanity filter in use here. It doesn't replace text, that would require a manual edit, usually from a moderator. It acts like your standard language filter.

Which is why cursing in a non-English language usually still works fine :).

BTW, did all you Skyrim fans notice our thread got moved to a sticky in the Pub section? It's been essentially dead since then.

BTW, did all you Skyrim fans notice our thread got moved to a sticky in the Pub section? It's been essentially dead since then.

That sucks... I liked it.. hell... it's just another thing we all in the OFF Community have in common... :(

You guys don't want it a sticky? I did that for you all so it wouldn't get lost in the threads. I can unsticky it.

You guys don't want it a sticky? I did that for you all so it wouldn't get lost in the threads. I can unsticky it.

No, a sticky is fine. I was just trying to drum up business for it. Since it got moved to the pub, it seems nobody but me knows it's there.

Surely everybody didn't give up Skyrim for a New Year's resolution, did they? So everybody wander over to the pub, look up in the sticky section, and post your adventures.

Do you want it moved over to here? I can do that if you would like.

Do you want it moved over to here? I can do that if you would like.

I leave that to OBD and you to decide. All I was trying to do was point out the thread's new location to all those who apparently missed it. I understand why it got moved and it's not my place to say it should move back.

.... but every time you swear a kitten still dies.

However; if you have the talent to swear properly, like "You @#$!%^$^&@#!(%$^!@)%$#@^!%#$^&$!!!", you can stop a charging lion, even knock a cougar out of a tree. (tho' there may be some collateral kitten damage)