Sign in to follow this  
lxsapper

Question Regarding dificulty.

Hello Every one,

I'm coming back to Combat Ace and the TK sims getting on the 2 series now. And I have a question regarding Dificulty settings with Comunity released aircraft. More specificaly regarding the Flight model.

I remember reading, back in series 1, that aircraft should be flown on normal flight model not hard, as they were tunned for normal FM.

1. Is this still the case?

2. If so why? The game manual say's hard FM is more realistic.

I tried a F-111 don't remember wich, and I think it might be for an old patch level, so my results may be because of that. But the thing had a crazy tendency to spin when pulling a little harder, that was no joke. And the spins when recovered tended to go into a imidiate second spin in the oposite direction.

Do all Modders tune they're FM for normal (this stuff ins't usualy in the readme's)?

its stil the same Normal if moodder push to hard on realism AI will not fly the brids right

Every flight model that I write is intended for use under hard settings. Hard allows one to fly right on up to the razor's edge, adding to the immersion.

Stall modeling, more specifically, how the aircraft reacts post-stall, is the most difficult aspect of the art. You don't experience full-blown stalls under normal flight mode.

Every flight model that I write is intended for use under hard settings. Hard allows one to fly right on up to the razor's edge, adding to the immersion.

Stall modeling, more specifically, how the aircraft reacts post-stall, is the most difficult aspect of the art. You don't experience full-blown stalls under normal flight mode.

Thanks Fubar,

That's good to know.

Do you know if other modders are having the same aproach as you to they're aircraft?

most of the "Top Tier" 3rd Party SF2 planes i've flown all fly well in Hard (AI seems to do well on hard w/ no problems)

(AI seems to do well on hard w/ no problems)

I've read the AIs all use normal FMs? All do the friendly ones with same AC type use the same as player setting?

Edited by skwabie

The AI always uses a simplified FM compared to the player's...but it can still find itself breaking into an unrecoverable stall, if one does not set parameters to make a flight model "AI-friendly".