Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

Chaff/Flare ejection position and Wingsweep?

Hi all this is something I noticed with the Tornado pack and never got around to sorting. Unlike most modern A/C the Tornado carrys it's Chaff/Flare in a separate wing mounted pod. Now in-game the chaff/flares eject from the correct place with the wings in the fully swept position but the eject position remains the same as the wings sweep forward (moving the Pod).

So 2 questions - Can the Pods eject position be linked to the wing-sweep angle ? If not I was going to add the Chaff/Flare to the A/C data.ini instead but again would/could that be linked to wing-sweep?

Many Thanks......................IanH

I don't believe that there's a statement for that, as there is for wingtip vortices.

Yeap you're right - Tried everything I can think of to make it happen but the ejection position stays the same :sad:

Tried adding this?

MovingPylon=TRUE

Edited by russouk2004

Russouk2004 - Yeap, got that added as standard for the Tornados wings.

I've also tried wing mounted Dispensers on the Su-24/F-14 with the same effect. I even added the Chaff/Flare to the aircraft data.ini using SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER and added all the pylon details to it inc MovingPylon=TRUE but nothing worked. What annoys me is that the "fire plume" on rockets/missile moves with wingsweep because where-ever the missile is the plume will come out of the rear. You'd think the code would be to eject backwards from the Pod where-ever it is (like the rocket plume) but it stays linked to one position. :sad: