Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

OT: Miserable Computer Experience

I wouldn't normally double post this (I also put this over in my normal, OFF Forum), but I need to get the word out on avoiding this company.

I've been having a miserable time with my "work" laptop computer...

Edited by CaptSopwith

Thanks for the heads up. I am very sensitive about consumer support issues and this kind of treatment infuriates me. I will never consider ever buying a single product from them. And to make the problem worse on them, I am about to start college on my GI Bill in a few months and they will never be considered for my needs.

(Minor treadjack, but I can't resist)

Some thoughts regarding dealing with customer support :

- If you notice an issue with a product you just purchased, report it IMMEDIATELY. It shouldn't take more than five minutes to do so (unless the company gives a damn about customer support and has not set up sufficient capacity to handle all customers in a timely fashion), but you got to understand that in our mobile world most people won't accept the statement "I haven't had time to call you yet, but this issue is very important!"

- If you get the impression that the customer support agent you're in contact with is unable (for what ever reason) to help you, request (and by that I mean demand) to speak a supervisor.

- If you call about an issue, make sure that they provide you with a ticket number. Yes, ticket systems ought to have the feature that they generate an e-mail notification, but thus you can be sure that the ticket has indeed been recorded in their system

- No matter how skilled you are with computers, do not try fix an apparent hardware (or software tbh) issue yourself.

Getting back to the actual issue, I hope the matter will be resolved in your favor.

Edited by Gocad