Sign in to follow this  
Aarow

Question about AF populating

Hi guys, i couldn't find a way to my issue here: i'm playing in a terrain which populates friendly airbases with allied aaa units and enemy airfields with soviet aaa units by default. I want to populate Friendly airbases also with soviet aaa types. Even changing the line on my airfields to "AirfieldDataFile=soviet_airbase2.ini" does not help. I tried some other tricks also but they did not help. I guess i'm overlooking some .ini file somewhere over there. :(

You need to extract the AA units and create new versions of them. Give them the nation name of the allied nation in their Data file and voila!

Edited by JonathanRL

oh i've been thinking about this but seemed a little bit enforced way. anyway i'll give it a try :) thanks..

We always try to find the shortcuts ;-). Sometimes, there are and sometimes there is not.

You will however never be ceased to be amazed to what you can do with SF2 Campaign and Scripting tools :)

In the target.ini you find entries like this

Target[083].Type=AAA

Target[083].Offset=-707.01,1546.70

Target[083].Heading=315

For AAA the game engine is randomly using a Flak type. If this entry is for the blue side it will place western flak on this position, is this a red side airfield it will use a soviet type.

If the airfield is captured in the campaign the flak types of the other side are now placed.

If you populate an airfield with, lets say, a lot of Shilkas. The Shilkas will be also active if the airfield is taken by the blue side.

Ah sorry, was away for the whole day. Thanks both for the replies.

allright the question above was just resolved for me easily but now another serious one just emerged, i don't know if it is about TK's game engine procedure but i'm sure that even when my player aircraft is hundred miles away from target areas, buildings etc. which are defined in the maps target.ini are shown up properly until yesterday. But now they do not appear anymore if i am not close to them. Even flying to their area after a time does not help they are not over there. But whenever i start my mission over then whoa! them they show up normally. I hope i could explain my issue correctly, i'm not talking about seeing them from my cockpit window.. i'm checking them by placing ground units near their locations and by F7. Damn this is hard.

Do you has changed something in the options menue yesterday?

In TK's games only parts of the terrain are "populated" to reduce processor workload. The distances can be changed in the options menue. Set all to "Hard" (mostly Air Defence) or "Far" (Horizon)

oh my.. my ground objects level was chaged to=low unintentionally.. i just discovered, must have overlooked it .:suicide:

thanks Gepard